Vision

Another week went by. I felt like I’d been surrounded by a haze of frustration. I lacked energy and motivation; I had such a hard time realizing Derek was gone. All I could do was lie in my bed and look at my wall and stare at the painting Derek gave me while I was at the hospital a few weeks ago. The others had pretty much left me alone, I was glad they didn’t ignore my wish. They took shifts bringing me food, but none of them dared to start a conversation and I didn’t want to. At the moment I felt like I was fed up – I’d explode if I got anymore facts about the supernatural world. I needed to understand what happened before I could handle anymore. I knew they were all frantically searching for a way to save Derek and deep down I felt so bad that I didn’t contribute in any way. But what could I do? I was just a silly human with no powers.

It was Friday afternoon and I’d just finished up half a sandwich Tammie had brought for me. I felt my eyelids giving up and I fell asleep. Yet this time I had a weird dream. It was like a vision. I felt like I was inside someone else’s body, but I wasn’t in control of it. I was more like a spectator watching a movie. From the looks of my limbs it seemed like it was Derek’s body I was trapped inside. I had no idea where I was before I started to pay attention to my surroundings. There were signs and huge buildings all around me. I was in Las Vegas. Then I started paying attention to the feelings I felt, it was surreal, I felt like.. attacking the people on the street? I had a weird thirst like a craving or hunger. I started sweating and shaking and with a gasp I woke up lying on my bed covered in sweat. I heard a knocking on my door and Jason came in.

“Are you ok? I mean.. you.. I think you had a bad dream?” he asked, still standing cautiously in the door frame.

“I.. I’m not sure it was a dream..”

For the first time in a week I felt.. alive.. I felt like I wanted to do something.. my motivation must have come along with my theory of my dream had something to do with Derek’s body’s whereabouts.

“You’re not? What do you think it was then?” Jason asked curiously and sat down at my bed next to me.

“It was like.. maybe a vision? I was walking down some street in what appeared to be Las Vegas. I was inside Derek’s body and I felt things I’d never felt before, like cravings and thirst.. and the need to kill someone.. do you think what I saw happened? I mean.. it felt so real..” I asked.

Jason looked surprised and intrigued at the same time. He didn’t look like I’d gone insane and didn’t start mocking me. It felt me with hope, it could indicate Derek was still “fine” and David hadn’t killed him. I didn’t know why I’d rushed to fear Derek had been killed, from David’s speech it sounded like he wanted him to live.

“While you’ve been.. recovering, you know.. we’ve been trying to figure out what exactly happened at the Hale house and what consequences it might have had when you were bitten. David intended to kill you with that bite, but you survived. You were a part of some serious bad ass ritual, or well, that wasn’t how Tammie put it, but you know what I mean. We were afraid that you’d turn into a werewolf since it was Derek who bit you, or, Derek’s body, but it seems like David used you to trigger his inner batman, or, you know.. Damon’s skills.”

He rolled his eyes when he mentioned Damon.

“I see.. and what consequences did you guys find out that it had for me?” I asked.

“We’re not 100% sure. We just know you’re not turning into either a vampire or a werewolf, because you’d have shown symptoms within 24 from when you were bitten. But maybe you have some sort of connection to Damon since it’s actually “him” who bit you? Are you following me? I mean.. you say you felt trapped inside Derek’s body, which Damon is at the moment, and you felt like killing people, which Damon probably feels like too since he needs blood to survive. Besides, he’s been inside your head before, so.. hmm.. we need to tell this to the witches. I’ll go downstairs and do it right away.” Jason said very determined.