Bye bye humanity

David’s POV:

I saw the house of Rose Simmons. It was weird; I didn’t feel any human presence and the house seemed rather empty. I’d been waiting since 6am and I started to get annoyed and impatient now the sun had risen and the time was 10am. Weren’t they home? Impossible.. why would they leave, they wouldn’t know of my return. I’d have known if they’d tried to track me down since my senses was super sensitive. Maurice was sitting in the car further up the street out of sight guarding my body in the trunk. The thought of preserving my own body in the trunk of a car was repulsive to me, but Maurice found it to be the best solution because it was too much of a risk if it was placed on the backseat.

I waited four more hours before something happened. I saw two teenage boys approached the house. Their minds seemed a bit disturbed and I could sense their anxiety. I focused on their voices.

“This is weird, no one answers the door at the apartment either!” the fellow with the buzz cut squealed.

“ I know, this place seems pretty abandoned too. I’ll try calling Jason again.” The other guy answered.

There was something strange about their scent – it was like there weren’t any. It seemed very suspicious. Why would they want to reach Jason? Maybe they’d lead me to the others, it seemed like they were connected for some reason. I heard a phone ringing inside the Simmons’ house. Haven’t they brought their phones? Had they fled the scene? But how..

I felt the anger rise inside of me. Was I too late? I needed to get to the bottom of this mystery before my sanity disappeared in a haze of frustration and rage. The best idea would be to confront the teenagers and ask what they were doing outside the house. After all I was still using Derek’s body so if they knew him I wouldn’t turn up as a total stranger. I possessed the upper hand in this game and I’d probably trick them easily or compel some info out of them.

I started walking towards them while the guy with the buzz cut dialed another number on his phone.

“Maybe she will answer.. she gave me this number when… hey.. isn’t that Derek?” he asked the other guy when he saw me approaching the porch.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked trying to sound like my son. That would probably have been a lot easier if I’d know him better, but after all he was my son so I might have had some sort of impact.

“Hi.. Derek, right? We were just trying to reach Jason.” The guy with the dark hair responded.

There was something about him, but I couldn’t put a finger on it. His presence seemed to have been compromised. I felt the guys giving me strange looks when I stood still and tried to catch every vibe I got from both of them.

“Sooo.. been busy at work?” the hyper guy asked me. Why did he think I’d been at work? I decided to play along so I wouldn’t seem suspicious.

“Yes, just got back. Is nobody home? And who are you again?” I asked them.

“It doesn’t seem so. Uhm, I’m Scott and this is Stiles, you don’t recognize us from the dance? Uhm, anyway, they didn’t tell you anything about where they went?” Scott asked and sounded a bit confused.

“No, I haven’t heard anything.” I answered still trying to find out what was going on.

“That’s weird, I mean, aren’t you Molly’s boyfriend or something? Even though I don’t know what she sees in you.. never thought of turning down the mysterious vibes?” Stiles asked with a stupid grin. Did he try to be funny?

“I am, and that’s none of your business.” I stated and grabbed the collar of his jacket. I couldn’t help but laugh inside my mind of the fact I just confirmed dating my sons dead girlfriend.