Leverage

David’s POV:

My dinner last night had been very satisfying. But of course, the young lady brought traces along with her that I had to erase before going into action. After I’d drained her body from all of her blood I’d burned her empty corps on the fire along with the remains of Maurice. Her car on the other hand was a bigger problem. I knew how careful I had to be, but it was so frustrating I had to do everything myself when I just wanted to get to Jason and the others. In my desperation I decided to tear the whole thing apart with my bare hands. It was an easier task than I’d imagined it to be, my strength was overwhelming. Was it just me, or had it improved ever since I told Maurice off and killed him? If so, it only confirmed I’d made the right decision. After I was done with the woman’s car I got into my own and drove back to the city.

I knew it was Sunday so the teenagers were off from school so waiting for them there would be senseless. So where to find them? Scott and the other guy was my best shot at finding clues about Jason’s whereabouts. I had my worries about how long I’d be able to stay in character and not blow my cover, how well did they even know my son anyway?

I’d been driving around in the city for about an hour before I caught up on their voices. They were alone, luckily, and they were practicing some kind of sport with rackets and a ball on the school’s stadium. What was it called.. lacrosse or something?  They didn’t notice I parked my car and approached them since they’d taken a break and were both looking at a cell phone. They still didn’t posses a lot of scent, but I could smell more than the day before. Was it their clothes that had been tampered with, or? Never mind, I’d found them and whether they had a smell or not it wouldn’t make a big difference.

“Any signs from them?” I asked seriously when I was standing right behind them.

“WOAH!! Seriously?! You could have.. hey’d us or something instead of playing kikaboo!” the most annoying kid yelped.

“Hey.. Derek.. what Stiles meant to say was no, we haven’t. How did you just sneak up on us, wouldn’t I have caught your scent or something?” Scott asked in wonder.

“Yes, but I suppose you didn’t pay a lot attention with your senses when it comes to your surroundings?” I lectured him.

“Ouch!” Stiles uttered in a teasing tone.

Scott looked rather embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck and said, “I suppose you’re right.. but did you come all the way out here just to ask us if we’d heard anything?” he asked curiously.

“Yes. But since you haven’t heard anything we’re gonna find out where they went.” I said in a demanding tone. If compulsion wasn’t gonna work on them, I had to convince them in the old fashioned way.

“Aaaand what makes you think we’re gonna do that?” Stiles asked skeptically and crossed his arms.

I gave him an evil glare just to point out how serious I was.

“Because I said so.”

“… oookay.. well.. that explains about everything.” Stiles said in a sarcastic tone.

Scott was silent for a moment, he seemed to be thinking of possible ways to track the others down. Suddenly he widened his eyes and slapped himself in the forehead.

“Stiles! Your dad!” he uttered.

“What about him?” Stiles asked surprised.

I let Scott explain what was on his mind since I didn’t know who Stiles’ dad was. Maybe the kid actually had something useful on his mind.

“He’s the Sheriff, he could track them down? Doesn’t he have access to credit cards and such? You know, for tracing when and where people use the them?” Scott asked.