Heuristic_Hashmath

Ettila, one of CLN's Phoneix interviewers, had the pleasure of interviewing Heuristic_Hashmath.  He is the author of The Dream Catcher and the Conjurer's Charm and has a graphic show, Heuristic Graphics and Art Shop.

Hi! I'm Ettila, an interviewer from the Crazy Late Nighters Community. You have been nominated by CadencePadgett0 to be interviewed for our book, Vintage. Ready for the interview? Don't worry, I don't bite :)

Yup, I'm ready.

Awesome! First thing's first. What name should I call you and what pronouns do you go by?

Oh, okay. So my name is Hashmath. And I'm definitely a 'he'.

Great, Hashmath! A beautiful name Mashaallah. So tell me, when did you first start writing?

Jazaakallah for the compliment! As far as I can remember, I started to write when I was very young. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started writing a whole short book about aliens, LOL! I was inspired by the movie 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them'. Then somewhere in my early teens, I think I stopped halfway from writing a Sci-fi story about an incredibly intelligent boy. I never liked to showcase or publish them because I never liked it lol. They all seem too 'baby-ish' now compared to my recent fantasy novel 'The Dream Catcher'.

Ayy, a J. K. Rowling fan I assume? And I understand about not publishing lol, own writings can sometimes feel weird, I feel it all the time. You should post them on Wattpad sometime though, if you still have them. Who knows? Those could be the reader's new favourite! :)

So, where did you get the inspiration to write your current story "The Dream Catcher and The Conjurer's Charm" from?

Yep, she is one of my greatest inspirations! Ho, I would never think about publishing them on Wattpad, they look like the stories of a six-years-old. So, I mentioned a separate chapter in the book itself on Wattpad named 'World Building' where I've mentioned about it!

I think it was last year, in May. I just returned home after watching the legendary movie 'Avengers Endgame'. It was just a simple stare I did at the Dream Catcher hanging in my aunt's bedroom, and after that, a whole story began to form. I've always wanted to write a unique fantasy story and I saw that I had got my chance. It took me over a year and a half to resolve all the plot holes and flashbacks in the story. I had to make sure all the dots connected and had left no stone unturned in creating the fantasy universe. I really enjoyed making the story, yeah.

That's really cool! I also heard about "Avengers Endgame" a lot but never had the chance to watch it. How did you find or know about Wattpad? Was it random or recommended?

It was actually a recommendation! A late friend of mine in school last year who was also passionate about writing asked me to give his horror stories a read. Eventually, I turned up writing and publishing my own stories on Wattpad!!

Oh wow, that's really interesting. Finding your own talent by seeking other's talent. If you are to describe yourself in only five words, what would they be?

That's an interesting question! So, uh... I am 'creative', 'introverted' (most of the time), 'empathetic', 'childish', and sometimes 'short-tempered'!

Interesting answer for an interesting question :). What kind of books do you usually like to read? I know writers who love reading romance yet like to write action or thriller.

Well, I love comic books for a start! And I adore 'adventure' books! They're my favorite. After Adventure, I like to read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and of course Humour. I prefer Romance if the contents are not too obscene or explicit, I mean like, I have my own expectations for romance stories, I like them to be honest, pure and beautiful. Not the type where the guy cheats, and someone has revenge and whatnot, if you know what I mean! Oh, and I love mystery and thriller too!