KimberlyTanithMarie

Karen, from CLN, had the honor of interviewing the amazing author, KimberlyTanithMarie. Kimberly Tanith Marie is the author of Mine At First Sight, Blood Power and Desire, and several others.

My name is Karen and I am from the Crazy Late Nighter Community. You were nominated by because "I know she has what's it got to win this." What name/pen name and pronoun would you like to go by for this interview?

Kimberly Tanith Marie

When did you first start writing and what made you decide to write?

I would have to say that I seriously started writing fictional stories last year, and it was due to the encouragement of my husband. It had always been a dream of mine, but other obligations had gotten in the way.

What makes your writing different from others?

I would have to say the way that I describe things. I enjoy taking cliché tropes and putting my own original twists on them.

If you could describe your writing style in 5 words, what would they be?

Unforgettable. Gripping. Exciting. Entertaining. Sexy.

When writing is there anything special that you do such as listen to music, eat a favorite snack or something of that sort?

I sometimes listen to music, other times, I just sit and write, no special process needed.

How many books have you written so far, and which one is your favorite?

I have completed 7 books so far, and Mine At First Sight is my absolute favourite.

What inspired you to write?

It's hard to describe, it's more like a 'need' to write.

How do you come up with characters and do you relate to any of them?

They honestly just pop into my head, and I can relate to most of them since I use real life experiences to help shape these characters.

What character of yours is your favorite and why?

Einarr, because he is a beautiful mess lol

Has any of your stories been harder to write compared to the rest and if so why?

No.

teen_rogue wanted to know how did you get over your writer's block?

I take a break or go work on something else.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in writing?

I'd have to say my strengths are in dialogue and description. While my weaknesses still revolve around overusing certain words and sometimes not being as clear as I can be.

As you know we are called the Crazy Late Nighters Community. Would you consider yourself crazy and why?

We are writers, we create things. You need a bit of madness to push against the norm...

If you could choose any nocturnal animals to be what would you pick and why?

A Black Panther because their dark fur is simply majestic and allows them to seamlessly camouflage with their surroundings at night. Very much in the same way that I enjoy being a silent observer in the background.

If your life was turned into a book what would the title be and why?

How Is This Possible? Because the things that I have been through, should not have been possible haha.

What book would you choose if you could only read one book for the rest of your life?

I cannot choose simply because there are way too many good books to choose from.

What do you hope to accomplish with your writing?

To create an escape for my readers

What advice would you give to a new writer just starting out?

Write the stories that YOU want to write. Do not worry about what anyone else is doing, only YOU can tell your story the way you want them to be told.

Do you still get excited when someone votes or comments on your story?

Of course! I do my best to reply to each and every one of them. Which is no easy feat, especially with a book with over 20k comments lol.

Can you tell us something special about you?

I am pretty good at anything I try my hands at, for example; drawing, singing, cooking, etc... My mother says it's a special talent to be good at many things, but to me it has just always been 'normal' if that makes sense.

And my final question for you is what message would you like to give you fans and readers?

That I appreciate each and every one of them, truly!

From me and the entire lynx pack at CLN, thank you for letting us interview you!

No problem :) Thanks for considering me ❤️