Chapter 14: The Decision

You didn't wake up until you heard a knocking at your door. "Uhh, Master wants to speak with you Y/N." You hastily got up and got dressed to the slightly agitated chirps of the child you woke up. You petted them in response as well as saying "Sorry little buddy, I have to go see your daddy." He lightened up about hearing his dad and snuggled on your shoulder to go see him too.

You opened the door to see that Brumm was the one at the door. "It's 7:00 pm, you must've been really tired after your walk." You silently cursed to yourself for sleeping for so long. "Thank you Brumm, I'll go see him right away." He nodded as you went for the double wooden door on the right.

You stood at the door hesitant to go in. Brumm noticed this and whistled at you. You looked over to him giving you a thumbs up. You sighed before knocking and waiting for Grimm to invite you in.

"Come in."

You came in his room to see him looking at you with a cup of deep red liquid inside. The Grimmchild chirped happily before zooming to his father snuggling with him. "Good to see you too, has she been treating you well?" The child gave a nyeh in response which made Grimm chuckle.

"S-so you wanted to see me?" You stammered which made Grimm give you his focus again. "Yes, I was wondering if you were gonna tell me if you made your mind to stay here."

This was it, this could mean the difference to you. You would be able to see Grimm more, take care of the Grimmchild, and have a nice and comfortable room to stay in. But you didn't know of you would be able to see the townsfolk or the vessel again.

"I-if I were to stay, would I still be a-able to go around and see the townsfolk?" He gave another chuckle before sipping his drink again. "Of course you would, I wouldn't keep you here like a pet in a cage." You were relieved at this, knowing you could still see the bugs that gave you company.

"Then I accept, I'll stay here and watch over the child." "Excellent! I was hoping that you would say yes, you don't deserve to stay out there homeless." You gave him a quick nod, but still wondering if you truely deserved this.

"You must be famished." You suddenly realized that you were indeed hungry as you could hear your stomach rumble loudly. "Oh uh, sorry about that, that was rude of me." "Why is it rude? You were sleeping and that is just your way of telling you that you're hungry." You flushed red with embarrassment as you nodded agreeing with his words.

"You can wait here, I'll go fetch us some food." You nodded as he gave you back the child and walked out the door. You pet the child in your lap thinking on how much different your life is gonna be.

(If any of you are wondering, yes I am planning a Halloween special for the book. In the meantime, expect for a new chapter in a few days, see you next time!)