Chapter 7: The Child

You were whisked away to a place in your dreams once more. It was a room you recognized right away, the red colors and the polished desk told you it was Grimm's room. Although you couldn't see him, you could hear his voice behind the wooden doors.

"But master, she could be the one!"
"I know! But I don't want to tell her now, we've only met for 10 minutes."
"Alas, time will ultimately tell if she is ready."

You could hear his voice and a lady's voice. It seemed to belong to the weird hybrid bug you had accidentally stumbled onto. Could they be talking about you? And what were they speaking about the one?

You awoke the next morning and immediately jumped back when the vessel was looking at you about 2 feet away. "Please stop sneaking up on me!" They would nod and point behind them. Suddenly you were made aware of a flying creature behind them.

They kinda looked like Grimm, they had the black eyes and the head, but they did have wings and no legs. They saw you and immediately flew to you and curled around your waist (Or neck if you have a thick body). "Uhhh, are you gonna do something about it?" The vessel shook their head and drew a diagram on the ground.

From the looks of it, there were flames around Hallownest and they wanted you to collect them. "W-what?! I'm not a fighter, I can't do this!" They gave you a thumbs up before going into the stag station. "You can't do this!" Before you could reason with them more, you could hear the stag running away.

You looked down at the child which curled around your waist (neck) more, enjoying the comfortable seat. You couldn't help but think that this was a bad omen waiting to happen.

You got on an old dress to hide the child and went to the map shop, you had a map of the forgotten crossroads but you had probably needed to go deeper than just the forgotten crossroads. Iselda saw you and gave you a wave. "Hey Y/N, here to talk about something?" "No, I came in to buy a map of Hallownest."

"Oh, I see." 'She shifted through the maps, eventually pulling out a map with mostly all of the areas scouted out. "That'll be 1,500 geo please." Your heart sank as you only had 200 geo. How were you gonna collect the flames if you couldn't even get a map?

"Trying to buy something?" You heard his voice behind you and you quickly made sure that the child around your waist (neck) was covered before you turned around. Grimm stood at the door looking down at you. "Y-yeah but I don't have enough geo." "Ah, I can handle that for you." You were surprised at his kind gesture. "Why would you buy a map for me anyway?" "Well I want to help any of my friends."

Friends? Is that why he was being so nice to you? You didn't have a lot of friends and he did seem like a nice guy. "T-thank you Grimm." "Not a problem dear." He set a bag of geo on the counter and left for the tents. Iselda gave a chuckle as she counted the geo. "He seems like a great friend to have." You took the map and nodded to her. "He sure does sound like a great friend."

(Here's a new chapter for y'all, I was bored at school today. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you guys next time!)