Chapter 19: The Fight

Grimm certainly wasn't holding back on you like he was doing when you guys were practicing. He moved quickly around and aimed attacks at you on the intention to hurt you (Or maybe it was for the act, you probably wouldn't figure it out).

Nevertheless you held up your nail with tightness, hoping that all of your training would pay off.

Grimm was always on the attack, throwing fire bats in your direction and dashing at you with his cloak out. You got hit a couple of time from a misjudged fire bat evade but you never gave up, hitting Grimm where you could.

"Come on Y/N, you can do this." Grimm still seemed to encourage you throughout this, giving you some extra hope and clearing your mind of any doubts you might have been getting.

When you hit him enough times, he went to the center of the stage and puffed up like the insects in the fungal wastes did, though this was a lot different. There was flames coming from his cloak and they were going every which direction. This made it nearly impossible to dodge but you got through it with some minor burns from some close calls.

This fight lasted for a few minutes before Grimm swept you off your feet and pinned you to the ground. "How sad, all that training and you just fall short." He raised his hand and you got ready for the worst
.
.
.
.
.
No hit seemed to come, so you looked up and Grimm had hit his hand on your nail.

"G-Grimm?" You asked his name before he screamed into a fiery rage and teleported away, leaving you confused and scared both for your sake and Grimm's sake.

Grimm reappeared after a few seconds, looking at you and bowing at you. You got off the ground and bowed back to him.

"Well done Y/N, you've succeeded in battle and now the child has grown more. Continue to search the kingdom for the flames. When you're ready, come to me so that we can finish the ritual."

'He poofed out of the stage leaving you and Grimmchild there. You put your nail on your back as you headed to your room for a well deserved rest'

(I got nothing this time, but thanks to all that have stayed with me thus far. Things are staring to heat up and you might be the only one that can do this. But until then, see ya later!)