Chapter 3: The winds of change

Ever since the thing came into town, you've seen some new faces pop up in town. There was a small bug named Sly that opened up a shop next to Elderbugs house. You came in to see if there was anything that you could buy but he asked for a large sum of Geo, so you refused to buy anything and walked out of his shop.

The other bugs that came in were Iselda and Cornifer. Cornifer wasn't in the shop very often and it was mostly Iselda that was in. You had to say that having another female in town was a breath of relief. She was the bug that you talked to the most often, besides Elderbug.

Then there was the 'Vessel', as Elderbug put it. They never talked and didn't show any emotion. They did however come to Dirtmouth and gave you some things that they found in their travels, mostly rancid eggs.

One day you were looking through the rubble and the vessel came through the now opened stag ways. They saw you and went over to greet you. You didn't see them and it was quite the scare when you felt a poke on your back. "Gahh!" You turned around to see them look up at you. "You scared me! Please don't do that!" They nodded and sat down next to you.

You would sit next to them after awhile and try to start up a conversation. "Hey there, what's your name? I don't think I know what it is." They would shrug, they probably didn't know what to call themself. "I see, do you remember anything before you came here?" They would shake their head. "Can you even speak? Or do you prefer to not talk?" They pointed one finger up, indicating the first question and they shook their head.

"Hmm, well I could sing for you, would you like that?" They nodded and got up and watched you directly now. You cleared your throat and started a song. It was a no word song and you sang it really somberly. It was a tune you remembered from a dream, there was an accordion that you couldn't see. After you were done you got up and drank some water. They would clap for you and gave you a small patch of Geo. "Thank you, although you didn't have to pay me." You did appreciate the reward though and bought yourself a map of the forgotten crossroads, if you ever needed to go down there.

You enjoyed all the new company in town, but you could still feel as if there was something still missing from your life. You would lay down and sleep off your feelings.

(Sorry for no chapters on the weekend, it was a rather busy weekend for me. I'll get another chapter out this evening, see you then!)