Chapter 4: The dream

You couldn't seem to see much, it appears that you're once again in a dark dream. You could however hear a slow but steady heartbeat around you somewhere. You got up and went towards the sounds searching everywhere for the weird heartbeat.

Suddenly you were whisked away to a new place. You could see here and there was also a familiar face. It was the vessel and they were jumping up to the top. "Hey there, can you hear me?" You asked the vessel but they didn't acknowledge you. You reasoned that you were tethered to the vessel and something important was about to happen.

They walked through the lands looking for something. You could only watch as they looked through every nook and cranny, not being able to help them. After 10 or so minutes they found a breakable wall and they go though it. You were forced to follow them as they enter a room with a large lantern like thing.

You looked over the lantern before you were once again forced to follow the vessel. They broke through another wall and you could see a rather large bug with a weird kind of mask covering their face. The vessel got out a strange glowing blade and they struck the large bug. You could see the lanterns base light up as they went back to the lantern.

You didn't know what was about to happen, but you didn't know if you trusted the vessel or of you wanted to scream at them to stop. They took out their regular nail and struck the base of the lantern multiple times. A red flame was lit above the lantern and an accordion was heard seemingly coming from everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

Once again you got wished away back to the heartbeat. This time however you could see the room and you had to say it was a surprising sight. The room was completely red and you could see the source of the heartbeat. A giant red heart was in the room along with several weird bugs with the same masks you saw on the large bug.

"It is nearly time."

You heard the whispers of the bugs around the room. "Time for what? What's going on here!" You shouted at the crowd. You didn't get an answer, but you did see a shadow of a tall bug in the corner of your eye.

"It's time for us to meet formally."

You heard a snap and you awoke in a cold sweat. You clutched the blanket as you were pretty cold from the winter winds coming from the East. You got up still clutching the blanket and went over to see Elderbug. To your surprise there were tents near the rubble of your house. The vessel jumped down from the old door and quickly dashed to the tents. "Wait up!" You felt like the vessel shouldn't go in the tents alone. You ran past the townspeople looking at the tents and went in the tents. "Where are you!" You yelled out through the tents.

You soon saw them, but they were 'talking' with someone. You ran to them but you soon gasped at what you saw before you.

(That's a nice cliffhanger to leave on. Sorry that this took a bit to get out. Big things are coming, see you next time!)