Chapter 11: The Red Tents

As you were thinking about your decision an entity you learned was called Grimmkin came in and told you that dinner was going to be served soon. You set down the Grimmchild in a little bed before getting up slowly. You were pretty hungry after all and you followed them to the chow hall. It was in a room that like always didn't seem to fit inside the tent but it did anyway. There you saw various Grimmkin's, Devine and Brumm were standing in line for the food. And Grimm was sitting at his own table in a corner of the room.

You got in line and didn't say anything to the kin that were questioning you about everything from why you didn't have a mask to if you had feelings for the troupe master. You didn't feel comfortable answering any of these questions so you lowered your head and ignored them talking to you.

Soon you got your food which looked delectable compared to what you would normally eat. You didn't want to sit at the various table that the Grimmkin were at because most of those tables looked like a warzone of food. You went by the wall, sitting and eating in solitude.

"Y/N!"
You snapped out of your daydreams when you saw Devine above you looking down at you. "Come come! Sit with us! You look so lonely when you're sitting over here by yourself." You didn't want to make her feel bad so you said "Sure thing.", and went over to her table.

Devine and Brumm had their own separate table away from all the Grimmkin. You sat away from them and ate the food on your tray. "So do you have feelings for master?" You looked up to Devines question. "W-well maybe some feelings, but why would he ever be interested in me?" "Well he did save you from the Grimmkin." Brumm mumbled out as he ate.

You looked over to the troupe master, did he really care for yourself? Why would he find a homeless girl attractive? The more you thought about it, the more it confused you. Suddenly the Grimmchild burst through the door and zipped right into your arms. You gave a quiet "Awww." Before hearing some more audible Awww's coming from most of the room.

You blushed with embarrassment before finishing your meal and quickly walking out. You took a glance at Grimm again but this time he was looking at you. You walked out the door cuddling the Grimmchild in your arms and going to find your room.

'Grimms Pov'

She certainly has a motherly appeal to her. She handles the child quite well. I do want to finish the ritual, but I don't want to put her in danger. Why did the vessel decide to turn the responsibilities to her?! She's more of a performer, not a fighter. She would be a spectacular performer for the troupe. If she were to accept staying here, I could train her to fight decently. Only time will tell what will happen, and I'm afraid of what the future holds for her and myself.

(Sorry this took awhile to do guys. I should really try to get these out more but real life always has to come first. Anyway I'll see you guys soon!)