Chapter 13: And the Instramentalist

You continued walking through the tents at night thinking about Devines story. It was a rather sad story that you never thought would come from a bug as joyous as her. Your thoughts were interrupted by Brumm's accordion playing the same tune it always played. You followed the sounds to find him practicing in his room.

You wanted to talk with him as well as ask him his thoughts on you staying here. You did the knock on the ground with your feet to indicate you were there as well as saying "Hello Brumm, having a good practice?" He turned around to see you and gave a little wave "Yes, I'm doing good." He mumbled underneath his mask.

"You have trouble sleeping as well?" He nodded but also gave a shrug. "This place is different, Masters powers are seeming to be duller here." "Powers?" You asked, "What powers are you talking about?"

"No one had told you?" You shook your head to his question. "Well I might as well tell you." He stopped playing his accordion and sat down in the adjacent chair. "Master holds the nightmare heart inside him. What is the nightmare heart you might ask? It holds the nightmare king, god of nightmares. Master must go around and gather flames to appease the heart so he can continue to survive. The heart beckons for a new bearer though, and Master will die probably in this kingdom."

"No!!" You shouted to his remark about Grimm dying. Brumm looked at you with a shocked expression, that quickly turned back to his emotionless stare. "So you do care for the master." You looked away from Brumm from your sudden outburst. "M-maybe, but it's only from a friend standpoint."

Brumm looked at you with his stare before shrugging. "Whatever you say."

You cleared your throat and asked him the thing you were gonna ask him in the first place. "Do you think I should accept the invitation to stay here?" "It's your decision, I'm don't have an opinion on that matter." You nodded as you knew to not pursue the topic further.

"How did you join the troupe?" He sighed as he got up looking at something behind him. "I was a fool back then. I went to come see a show the troupe had. I was taken aback from how marvelous and death defying the show was. I was on my way back to my house when I was stopped by Grimm. He said he saw my instrument and wondered if I played good. I started my song which was similar to the one I play everyday. He enjoyed it and asked me if I wanted to join the troupe. I hastily said yes without considering everything."

He went quiet after his story and played his instrument once again. You took that as your time to leave and go back to your room. Unknown to you Brumm watched you go out the door and write something on a piece of paper.

You got to your room to hear the Grimmchild wailing probably about you not being in the room. "Shhh, there there. Don't cry I'm here." He heard your voice and flew into your arms happily chirping and nuzzling into your elbow. You sat back down on the bed and watched the child settle around your waist to make sure you couldn't escape the room again. You gave a quiet chuckle before going into unconsciousness once more.

(I probably won't write these in the weekends. Sorry but I have a busy life and the virus isn't making anything easier, hope you guys enjoyed and see you next time!)