Chapter 6: Scarlet Eyes

You slowly turned around to see the bug that sneaked up on you. A pair of scarlet eyes stared at you, mere inches away from your head. You got very startled and jumped back a few inches. "W-who are you!" You croaked out, receiving a chuckle from them.

"I am troupe master Grimm, or Master Grimm or Grimm depending on who you are." You looked at him in awe and confusion, this was certainly the strangest bug you've seen in your life. He had long black horns and he was slim and tall. He didn't seem to have a mask like the others though, seemingly his face was the design that all the other masks were based off of.

"So what is your name dear?" His talking snapped you out of your trance of staring at him. You blush with embarrassment as you stammer, "O-oh, uh Y/N." "That's a nice name, do you come from Dirtmouth?" You were surprised that Grimm was being so nice to you, despite you probably not being where you are supposed to be.

"Yeah, I've lived there my whole life, it was better before the infection went over." He nodded to your words, watching you and giving you his full attention. "Yes I bet it was a lot more lively when the bugs here still had their minds." "Yeah...." You remember that horrible feeling experienced when you saw everyone taken away.

Suddenly Brumm came running through the door, "Sir! Sir! There's a girl..." He turned and looked at you stopping dead in his tracks. "Yes, there's a girl in my room, so what?" You heard the word room and got a little panicked, this was his room?! "Sorry Master Grimm." He mumbled out bowing his head to his master. "Just remember to knock next time ok?" Brumm nodded to this statement.

"I also came to tell you that the torch lighter is here on stage." "Ah, good good, will you please escort Y/N out of the tent please." Brumm nodded and stood by the door waiting for you. "Until we meet again Y/N." Grimm spoke to you holding his hand out to shake it. You shook his hand and walked out with Brumm.

So many thoughts were in your head while you walked out with Brumm. Grimm used a rather warm and inviting voice when he talked to you, but he got more serious when Brumm came in to get you. Why was Grimm so friendly to you? You didn't know what was gonna happen if you came back to see Grimm.

"Here you go madam." You had finally made it to the entrance of the tent. "Thank you mister." You thanked him as Brumm nodded. As you walked back to the town Devine scooted behind him as she looked out to your departure. "Do you think she could be the one?" "Maybe, Master didn't immediately throw her out of his room." He mumbled as he also watched you.

Unbeknownst to the three of you, there was a third pair of eyes watching you. A pair of scarlet eyes.

(I tried to get this out last night but I fell asleep halfway through. I gotta stop doing these late night writings. See you next time!)