Chapter 9: Disaster

You held the nail on your shoulder as you made your way to Greenpath. There was a flame drawing in Greenpath and you were fairly certain that you would find something here. The Grimmchild enjoying the warm atmosphere and chirping happily right behind you.

You soon reached the flame icon, and there was a weird thing you never noticed on your few trips with your family to Greenpath. A staff of sorts with a red flame sat in the ground, ready for taking. You beckoned over the child, which made it fly to you chirping happily.

You went over to grab the torch but suddenly a flash of red appeared and took the staff. An accordion started playing as one of the weird entities from the tent was giggling.

"Hey! Give that to me!" You jumped your to grab the staff but they floated up and giggled more. "Ah, Ah Ah! You have to work for it!" The entity giggles more and vanished out of sight.

You took your nail and held it out, waiting for them to reappear. You heard them behind you and you spun around to hit them with your nail. You missed because they were off the ground and they giggled even more at your futile attempts to hit it.

"Now it's my turn to fight!" They shook the staff and shot red flames at you. You tried to dodge the flames but one still hit your leg. Screaming out in pain, you crumpled to the ground. "Such a pitiful excuse for a torch lighter."

You closed your eyes and waited for the finishing blow. You could finally see your family again. But would they even be there? You never even said goodbye to all the people you knew. You were gonna miss Elderbug and Iselda, and you were gonna miss Grimm, but you didn't want to admit it.

Suddenly a shrill scream echoed through the caverns. The entity freezing in place before being slapped, hitting the ground with audible force. The Grimmchild came to your aid and nuzzled you're cheek, making you open your eyes and looking at the fallen entity.

You were suddenly picked up and you stuggled to stay in conscious. The warm, yet cinnamon sweet flooded your nostrils making you very sleepy. You looked at your rescuer, seeing their red eyes looking at you. "Grimm...." Was the last thing your said before blacking out.

(I hope you guys enjoyed. I thought awhile on how to do it and I hope it was satisfactory. See you guys next time!)