Chapter 30.

Naina.

Enjoy reading♥️

Enjoy reading♥️

Knocking onto the door a man in his late fifties came inside the cabin making the person sitting on the chair glance up at him.

"You asked for me, Mam!?" He asked, politely.

"Yeah!! give this file to Mr. Malik and tell him that the designs are perfect and we're proceeding with them only." She said extending the file towards the man at which he nodded and existed the cabin.

As soon as the door went shut a daunting silence fell on each corner of the room. Sighing dejectedly she raised to her feet and strolled towards the large glass window of the room.

They say that the time is healer, but she was having hard times believing it. Almost a month has passed since the incident but the pain was still fresh and raw in her heart.

It's not the time, it's just we get use to of the pain.

But no matter how much she try to act unfazed, her heart cries at the fact that she was always an unwanted person in everyone's life. Every single thing was a delusion. Her life was never a normal one.

The linings of darkness were spreading their wings on the sky as the sun went down the horizon. Folding her hands on her chest, she stared at the busy roads of the city.

Everyone was going back to their respective homes after spending a whole tiring day, working their lives out. To meet their loved ones. No matter how hard life would be, it always feels good having someone waiting for you.

"You're still here!?" Kunal came inside, after knocking.

Naina looked up only to find Kunal eyeing her with a bored look on his face. Sighing she went back to her seat, not bothering to answer him. Grabbing a file she stared flipp the pages which irritated Kunal to no extent.

"Why are you doing this, Naina!?" Kunal asked, shutting the file forcefully.

"What!?"Naina looked up and asked making Kunal heave a sigh.

"For God sake Naina, stop exhausting yourself so much. This is not going to take you anywhere..." He said leaning forward.

"So what do you want me to do!! To cry...to lament over the past!?" Naina asked gritting her teeth.

"No I want you to leave your past into the past. I want you to overcome..."

"I already have, Kunal." Naina didn't let him complete. But frowned when Kunal let out a chuckle, as if mocking her.

"You haven't..Naina. You're still not over it, you are just trying to escape from the reality by drowning yourself in them." He said pointing towards this piles of file in front of her.

Looking away Naina grabbed her head in her hands and whispered,"I don't wanna go home."

Her voice was so low that if it wasn't for the silence around them, Kunal won't be able listen her. He looked at her defeated form and all the events after the incident started moving in his mind like a film.