Chapter 17: "Townes"

Later that same day....

12:00 PM, April 29th, 2023

Kier stopped by earlier today, at 9. She was just saying that she got a job... As an accountant at the
mega-buck giant known as Wallace Industries. I knew the CEO. He was once my best friend, but now he's a jackass who beats his wife. I would've told her that, but it's a well-paying job.
Anyway. I decided that I would stay in town for awhile until I got a ping on the signal I traced. I had a man work on the stream from the camera from Iran, he took the data from my cross com and used it to trace it back to somewhere... I was now awaiting the green light from him.
Now, what to do while I have the time... I could probabl- my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw who it was.... General Townes...

***

Howard "Pinpoint" Townes is a US army general who made massive innovations on laser weaponry, he created the massive M1203L particle tank, the AB-11 Laser Crusader, and the HM-111V23 "Avenger" humvee. He is also my superior. Townes took command of half the SF in the army after JSOC screwed up something in 2019. He takes a liking to the Rangers and Green Berets. Hence, he's my top-superior and the ONLY US army general to know about GR.
I hit the answer option on my screen, and put it up to my ear, "Yello?" I said. "SLOVAK!!!" Townes yelled at the other end, "Sir?" I said, "COLONEL! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!!! DESTROYING UN PROPERTY AND A MOSQUE WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION?! WHAT THE- THE- THE FUCK?!!! EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!" Townes yelled into the phone, I could barely tell what he was saying he was so loud. "First Q', how did you find out?" I asked calmly. He quickly responded, "We were pounded by the Canadian Gov't after the destruction of the UN Montreal complex. So, we sent the NSA there, and found out that within the dust was a nano-scopic residue of phosphorous. Probably from a bomber that only ONE specific person could've gotten their hands on. You." Well, damn, I thought I was undetectable... "Well sir... What's next? Court martial?" I asked him in a low tone. "Well... I'm approving you. I want these bastards dead Slovak. I'll provide all the help you need. Besides, CIA couldn't find these guys, but you did and killed half of them in a month. Keep it up, you have my blessing soldier." He said, right as he did, I pumped my fist. "Thank you sir. I probably won't need that much help, but I will need a favor." I said through the phone, "Anything for my best soldier." He replied. "Alright... I need you to put the US listening post in Germany on full alert, and to trace any chatter about any of these groups." I texted him the file of all the terrorist groups and immediately started talking again. "We also need the global hawk array up, so if we get something that involves a meeting with any of these guys, we got it. I will also need the Army's air power, such as a spectre, king raptor wing, Aurora wing, Comanche squadron, and Super Nighthawk group on standby. I may need a panic button just in case something gets heavy on an op." He then replied, "Alright, we can do that. Do you have any more info on these guys?" He asked. "Yeah. Here..." I then sent him the whole gun show of data I got from Montreal. "Courtesy of UN." I said. "Nice. I'll look it over, in the meantime-" I quickly cut him off, "Sir, I may need some extra vacation time." "All right, you got as long as you need." He responded firmly. "Thanks sir, I'll see you later." I then hung up as he said bye.
I fell back on my bed, and breathed a sigh of relief. "Now I can finish this..."