Chapter 11

The very next day, I was already in-country. In this war torn place, known as Iran. Fifty out of two hundred and fifty of my targets were located here. Including their families and friends. The town that I was supposed to hit was only a mile in front of me. I was in my Ghost uniform, ACU pants, combat vest, a shemagah for desert ops, and my bandana and cross com. I approached the town, moving through a minor sandstorm that came through. The town was small, but big enough for my targets. As I approached, I heard a technical behind me. I quickly said "Camo activated," and dropped to the ground. My optical camo activated, effectively hiding me. The truck passed me, and went towards the town. It was armed with a .50 on the back of it. "Now THAT'S something." I thought to myself. I stood back up and began walking again. When I was close to the village, I picked up the pace. I had to locate and kill all 50. Except for one, 'General Jahak,' a ILA leader. I had plans for him. As I neared the village, I looked down the holographic scope of my ARX. I saw 5 at the front of the village. I knew this didn't feel right. I threw up my drone, and it popped out into a quad copter. I controlled it and moved it over the village. I spotted atleast 10 more. Plus 5 in the technical. "Damn." I said as I recalled my drone. "Gonna need a serious game plan." I worked out how I was gonna do this... I heard another vehicle coming from behind me. I spun around, it was another technical. I assumed it was going to the village, so I activated my camo, and pulled out some C4. The technical neared me, as it was about to pass me, I threw the c4 out, it stuck to the semi-bottom of the front of the truck. It sped towards the village, and as it went into the village, I pulled down on a remote detonator after waiting 5 seconds. The technical, and half the guards in the village went up in flames. Limbs flew high in the air. The five at the front of the village literally dived down to the ground. When they did, I sat up, and started walking towards them. One stood up and told me to stop. I pulled up my ARX-A, and shot him in the head. The bullet went straight through, and blood came pouring out of both ends. The other four saw what happened to their friend. They jumped up, and threw their weapons down. I walked up to each of them and knocked them out with a good whack to the head. As I entered the village, the garrison seemed to be annihilated. I started kicking down doors, and started to find the people I needed to kill. Each time I found someone I needed to kill, I shot them with an incendenairy round. I did this process over and over again. Until, I found someone, someone I knew from a looong time ago...

***

I snatched the blindfold off the Marked of Covenant general. I was in the building I had found him in, tied up to a chair with a light to his face. "Only the Marked are pure-" I punched him in the face and then the gut. "YOU WILL COMPLY? OK?!" I yelled into his face. When he didn't reply, I punched his gut again. "OK?!" He then nodded. Alright....

I paced for a few minutes looking at him. Thinking what the first question I ask him should be... I then stopped, and looked at him. "What is war, general?"