Chapter 8

"Rise N' Shine" Diner, NC

The News headline on the TV in the diner read "Mosque destroyed in Gaza, 2,000 expected dead." It then showed a young looking man who then went on to explain the story. "But- wait, hold on... Ok... We just learned that the Mosque was connected to local crimes..." I then turned my head to my cappuccino and breakfast. It's been 24 hours since that incident occurred, to me, that's a slow day. I just need to get home and get some more sleep- "You ok Colonel?" Asked the young British lad, Gaz. He worked here under a man I knew quite well. "Yea, I'm fine. Just thinking about how good this food is." I said, and Gaz chuckled. "Ha ha! It should be good! I made that!" I then laughed a little myself and continued eating.

***

Gaz came to the US from Britian, he served in the SAS for 9 years, he started at 20, and ended at 29. Young age, for them. He was in a bad beach landing during a mission in the Philippines. The boat was a small RHIB, but the driver lost control, and it landed hard on the beach. The boat hit a rock at full speed after hitting the beach. The boat literally went flying with the SAS soldiers. They landed, hard. They were then captured by the insurgents that THEY were supposed to kill. The story ended sadly, he was the only one who was rescued by our own Ghost Recon team. The GR team name was 'Punisher' the baddest of the bad at that time. Gaz was rescued by Punisher, and within an estimated time of 10 minutes. But after Gaz was thrown onto a combat platform boat, and taken to the destroyer "Patriot," punisher went on to wipe the insurgents off the face of the Earth. Totally killing two birds with one stone. Gaz was treated for major wounds to his back, head, and torso, he was taken stateside immediately. He stayed there for 5 months, and then went back to Britian. 2 years later Gaz came to the states.

***

I finished my breakfast and paid for it. I thanked Gaz and went back to my house. I then continued to pinpoint my target's on the list I had. I was going to figure out where everyone was, and then go out. I wasn't gonna go and come back. I had connections everywhere, and could get gear whenever I needed it. But this is nothing like Just Cause all of you nerds out there. This is a real life hitman almost. Once I got done with my locating, It was 21:30. I then took a shower, and went to bed.