Chapter 3: "The Start of Something Big"

I woke up at 7:30AM got dressed, did my morning constitutions, and grabbed my stuff and put it in Rob's extra car. "You headin out?" He asked, "Yea. Gettin ready to roll." I replied.

"Take this, it's got your gear." Rob handed me a briefcase. "You'll love the toys your gettin. Here's a tip, just squint for distance." "Got it." I replied and got into the car. "Good luck." He said as I drove off towards Rainbow Team 1's HQ. It was a long drive. Almost out into the middle of the country. I flashed my fake ID as I rolled up and they scanned it. Security wasn't as tight as I expected: A few guards up front, more in the back with MG and Grenade turrets.

They let me through, as my fake ID showed up as real. "Dumbasses." I said as I rolled through the gate and into their compound. The compound had Canadian flags flying with the UN colors. I rolled into a free parking spot and put on my "Missouri Military Academy" Ballcap which spelled:"MMA Colonels." On it, just to make people shit their pants. I got out with my briefcase and cross com, which was disguised as shades. I activated the network, and started to get info on my location and surroundings. I made my way across the parking lot to the Main building, I flashed my ID again. I was classified as, TIER 1, UN Detective Jay Goldberg. A stupid dumbshit spook name. The door unlocked, and I walked in. "Thank the Lord there are no retinal scanners." I thought. I walked to the reception desk. "Detective Jay Goldberg, here to work on the Post-case for Rainbow team one." I said to the nice lady at the desk. She quickly rang up someone on her phone. "Sir, he's here... The detective... Ok." She hung up,"You're good to start looking around. Here are the room numbers for the officers of Team one. Nothing has been touched there, yet. Surprising eh?" "Yea, that is.." I said as I took the room numbers, my first target; Ozone's office, the leader of team one. He was executed by me personally. People watched his gruesome death on TV. I had taken my Kabar knife, slit his throat, then stabbed it in his heart and head. I even shot him four times. Just for good measure. I went to the elevator and pressed the up button. An empty elevator immediately opened up. You know that there is no action when there's an empty elevator. I stepped in and pressed the third level button. It was there within a matter of seconds and I stepped out once the doors opened. I walked out into the long hallway, hung a right, and busted into the office of Ozone. I shut the door quietly behind me, and started rummaging through everything. I took flashdrives, hard drives, and dig-chips into my backpack. I went through files, and the computer. I found evidence of cooperation with The Merc groups that participated in the DC attacks. DAHL, Watchgate, Blackwater, Floodgate, The Greys. What especially caught my eye was the #1 group on the GR hit list.... The Marked of Covenant, an anarchist group. The Marked of Covenant is about as anarchist as you can get. They believe it is their job to purify(or purge) all governments in the world to free the world of constraints. A world without limits. They really wanted to purge all Governements, and then wait for the world to go into anarchy, then finally take the pedestial to create a new world order. The next thing that caught my eye was the "Ex-patriates" a HIGHLY anti-American group made up of US soldiers,citizens, and other Americans that wanted to bring down the US government. And anything with the name "US" or, "American." They are more anti-American than Al-Queda.

Ironically, below that name was the ILA. International Liberation Army that is just as the name says. They are made of Mexicans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies, Russians, Americans, Poles, Germans, and many other nationalities that are Hell-Bent on crushing every government and creating a new world order. Just like the MoC. So, this is what it comes down to. The Entire Rainbow team is working with the world's enemies. Including everyone in this entire building. I quickly stuffed the files of names, numbers, and many other identifications into my bag. I heard a knock on the door. "Colonel Slovak. We know you are in there and what your intentions are. Come out now, and we will not shoot you." I quickly shed my suit to reveal a combat vest, peach army shirt, and a pair of ACU pants I somehow slipped by with under my suit. I unpacked the briefcase, an ARX-Alpha. After my team's experimentation with the ARX prototype, the US government's mad scientist division, DARPA made more ARX's that were improved. The Alpha had a holographic lens, grappling hook that could be turned into a grenade launcher, depleted 9.90 NATO uranium rounds, bullpup style- 40 round clip, and finally, multiple alternative modes. I activated my cross com's X-RAY magnetic lens. They revealed 10 guys in combat gear behind the door, ready to shoot me as soon as I walked out. I deactivated them and then spoke. "identify yourself, how do you know who I am?" I said. "Classified, we're UN." "You're such a bullshit." The door blew open, and I activated my thermals. I quickly mowed down the 9 guys entering. The last guy, a kid, was panicking. "I need support! I need support! My team is dead!" I walked up to the kid, grabbed his throat, and stabbed his chest with my Kabar. "Who, are you?...." He asked."Your worst nightmare." I pulled my knife out, and let him slide down, dead.