Chapter 10

It was 3PM the same day...

I sat in my living room, on my couch reading my book, "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I had immediately begun reading it after I finished "The Alchemist" by Paul- some Brazilian last name. I really liked The Alchemist, some may say it was a bad book, but to me... It was good. I was about 5 chapters into the Brothers Karamazov until a knock came to my door. I put my bookmark in to mark my place, and went to the door...

***

Kier picked up the chicken wings and pound cake that she had made and went out the garage door of her house. Her house was small, even for a 2 storied house. But it was just her, and she could live with it. She shut the garage door as she left. She then went across the yard to Slovak's house. "I really wanna watch soccer... But the game is only US vs Grand Cayman..." Kier knew how it would end- US would win in a landslide. So, she decided she would make some food and go over to Slovak's to watch fight night. Slovak's house was two stories, but bigger than her house. She wondered what he really did for a living... She walked up to the door and knocked on it... "I hope he answers..."

***

I opened the door and was surprised to see who it was. Kier. "Hey. Look who it is." I said as I saw her. "Hey Dimitri. I came for fight night. I brought some food." She said in that soft tone of hers. "Oh, you didn't have to do that. But I'm glad you wanted to come see fight night. It doesn't start till' six." I said as I let her in. "Oh ok. Well I guess I'll have to find something to pre-occupy my time with." She said, "Well we can get to know each other." I responded. "I guess we can." After she made herself at home, she gazed at all the books I had in my house. My house is almost a library. I have a shelf that has 50 books on the psychology of war. She sat down in a chair after looking at all the books I had. We had a good conversation, I found out alot about her. What stood out to me was her passion for 20th century history. Which I love. We got to know each other very well in a very short amount of time.

Kier, was born in TN, she loves soccer. She played it throughout middle school and high school, and into college. She majored in history, almost like me. Except I went immediately into the Army Green Berets after college. She loves to read books too. She's 5'7, an adorable woman to me. I'm 5'9 and short compared to my team. But what I make for in height, I make up for skill and knowledge.

Fight night came on not too long after, and we cheered on the fighters we wanted to win. Sometimes we cheered against each other. We ate wings and pound cake and even some of my home grilled steak throughout the event. When it was over, Kier was tired and worn out. She went home after it. "I had a great time Dimitri, I enjoyed it." "Oh stop it, it was you that made it great." "Whatever, you were great. Well I'll see ya' next time." "Cya!" She then walked out the door to her house.