Chapter 1

2 MONTHS EARLIER............

4:00 AM, April 2nd, 2023

I woke up in the middle of the night, up from a nightmare. I had just had a nightmare about DC.... and that it was attacked again.... I quickly sat up in my bed, thinking about it. I didn't have PTSD, and I sure as hell am not gonna let myself think I had it. I tried going back to sleep a few times, all unsuccessful. I was off on leave or "vacation" for the month. But I could be called up at anytime, if it was urgent. Although, I've been having a thought lurking deep in the back of my head... For awhile.... For the past few days, I have been researching and preparing to find the ones responsible for the DC attacks. I had prepared a fake ID posing as a UN investigator. I planned to go to Rainbow team 1's HQ in Montreal to collect intel. Damn thing is still open which surprises me after my case with the UN on the team's death. Anyway, I kept trying to fall asleep, but yet again, unsuccessful. I then got POed, realizing I wasn't tired. I jumped up, put on a shirt and some jeans, and went to my computer. I plugged in my headphones, and I turned on the monitor to my MAC. I loved my mac, it was fast and reliable with 5 terabytes of space. I sat down at the chair and logged onto my profile. My desktop loaded, with a background of the Ghost Recon logo. I moved the mouse and clicked on Itunes, and I played Colin Hays "Land down Under." I then leaned back, and relaxed. After about 1 hour, I sat up, turned off the music and scrolled to a file named; "Records." I opened it, and scrolled until I saw "DC Attacks, 2020." I then clicked on it, and a slideshow of videos taken from my cross com played. It had all the detail, including radio chatter. It was 78 hours total. I got through less than part of it before passing out.