Chapter 24

200 miles South of Kiev, Ukraine.
18:00 May 5th, 2023

I rolled up to the gate in the car that I had 'barrowed.' It looked like one of those old Sudans you see rolling around. As I rolled up to it, a guard sat there, armed with a rifle. There was a small hut across from the small building the guard was in. The hut had a mini-gunner in it. Un-luckily for him, I had an automated-drone already programed to kill the mini-gunner on my cue. The drone was a flying quad, silent, but armed with a small rifle to blow anyone's brains once I pressed a button. As I rolled down my window the guard leaned over the counter and said, "May I help you-" in English, I stopped him with my silenced KARD aimed at and on his nose. "Don't put your hands up. Next time, speak Russian, gosh. You're in Ukraine. Now, I got a drone ready to blast your friend's brains all over that hut if you dare wave at him." I said, he shook his head in disbelief. "Really?" I asked sarcastically, "Watch." I clicked a button on a controller, and the mini-gunner's head popped. His body fell over onto the gun. The guard shook in fear. "Ok ok! Ok! I'll let you in." He said quickly, "Good, now, shut off the cameras for five seconds and lay in that chair with your hat ontop of you like your sleeping. He did so, and then I shot him. I then drove through the opened gate. My drone followed me, killing any scouts or snipers along the way. I then stopped a mile from the compound, the drone flew over it. It shot it's rifle at the doors, a round for each one, then at two of the towers, I left the front-right and back-right untouched. Then a few times inside the compound. I then ordered it to come back, it did. I reached my hand outside the window and grabbed it. I put it into my bag.
Those rounds were detonatable mini-thermite charges. They can cause massive explosions if detonated. I grabbed two detonators from my pocket, and took a breath. "This is it..." I said to myself, "Got nothing to lose... Only something to gain..." I drove up to the compound, and stopped just far enough from the massive metal doors. The floodlights came on, and they were aimed at the car. Someone yelled in English and Russian on a intercom. "Stop! Come out of the vehicle! Hands up!" I did so, with my hands behind my back. I was wearing my ACU pants, a hat, my bandana, tac vest, a cross-com that I could see perfectly in the dark and light with, and my tac-pack. "Hands up!!" He yelled. I smiled, "Ok." I said, I brought my hands from behind my back and revealed two detonators. He then noticed the skull bandana. "SHIT! IT'S THE-" I pulled the levers, and the compound blew into a mini-fireball. The doors blew wide open, the watchtowers I had marked also blew up. I threw them down, and walked slowly. As I walked through the opening where the doors once were, I reached back, and pulled my 1887s out of their holsters. "Payback time..." I looked to my left and right, and saw soldiers running at me. I aimed both ways, and fired. "Buckshot..." I pushed the levers forward, and the shotguns hung in a forward position. I pulled them back, aimed both ways, and fired again. "Buckshot..." I had already killed the ten soldiers running at me. I then took aim at the watchtower to my right, the sniper popped up his head with his rifle. I fired, and his head was blown into bits. "Slug." I had sequenced the chamber rounds so that I could easily kill the defense force in one go if possible. "Next." I said. Three BTRs rolled up, I quickly put the 1887s back in their holsters. I reached for my ARX-A, "Armor Piercing." I said, and the ARX-A said "AP round selected." In a male voice. I then activated my magnetics on my cross-com, and fired at the drivers in each one. The rounds easily penetrated the armor, and killed the drivers. The intercom came on, and it was Jack speaking. "How hard is it to kill this guy? It's ONE man. Not a tank. Now someone get out there and kill this guy! Before I go down there myse-" he must've seen the video feed from his office or room or whatever. Because it stopped him cold. "I need every single gun and tank we have aimed at that guy. It's the punisher!" I then grinned, "That's right Jack... Be afraid." I thought.
I neared the big building that was at the center of the compound. Most of the compound was in flames. But the center building was far away enough from everything else to where it wouldn't catch fire. As I walked towards the front doors, I heard more guys behind me. I quickly turned around and rolled for a concrete slab. I pushed up against it. I pulled out one of my shotguns, so that I could be faster in CQC combat.
I popped up, and immediately saw a soldier within range. I fired, and he went flying back. I went down, and pushed the lever forward. I popped back up, and fired. I sent another guy flying. I pulled the lever, aimed, and fired again. One guy popped only his head behind cover, I aimed at him, and fired. His head was no more once I fired. A slug was in the chamber when I fired, so it obviously blew his head to nothingness.
Once I saw that there were no more guys, I pushed the lever forward, opening the chamber. I loaded up all buckshot into it, and pulled the lever back. This closed the chamber. I turned around, and put three C4 charges on the doors. I got behind a slab, and pulled the detonator's lever. The doors blew to splinters, and went flying back. I stood up, and walked towards the opening. I saw dead bodies laying there. They probably got caught in the blast, or suffered an instant death from multiple puncture wounds to the head. I thought I had cleared the section of the lower floor of building I was in, until I heard more voices. "Throw a flash!" One of the voices said. "Shit." I thought, I ducked behind a turned over desk. I heard a metal clank, and then a loud bang. Luckily, the desk covered the radius. I popped up, and saw multiple guys running down the stairs. I fired, and three of them fell. I fired, and fired, and fired. Until I ran out of ammo. They were still coming. "DAMN!" I said aloud. "GO GO GO! RUSH HIM!" One of the soldiers said. I quickly put my shotgun in it's holster, and reached for my MP2s, as I did, one of the soldiers slid around the corner of the desk. I quickly aimed the revolver in my right hand, and blew his head apart. I wish I could've reached for my ARX-A, but they were coming too fast. I popped up, and started taking aim and shooting people. "KEEP COMING YOU BASTARDS!!" I yelled as I shot them. As I aimed for the last soldier, my revolvers clicked. "Out of ammo..." I put my pistols up, and reached for my carbon fiber knife. As I pulled it out, the soldier tried to use the butt of his rifle to hit me. I quickly pulled up my left hand, and pushed it out of his hands. I then pulled my right hand up, and stabbed him in his chest. I pulled out, and stabbed it back into his collarbone, pulled out, and back into the clavicle. I then pulled back hard, and the clavicle split in half. The bone was sticking out of his uniform. All of this was in a very fast motion, and with blood going everywhere, despite the fact that the knife isn't that big. He fell back, speechless. He was in shock, and I liked it that way. I walked over him up the stairs. He tried reaching out as I walked away. I turned back, and chuckled. "Enjoy." I said, turning back and walking up the stairs. As I reached the top, a soldier came out from the corner with a machete. I quickly put up my left forearm and stopped his arm from moving. I then took my right hand with my carbon knife, and stabbed it right into the left side of his head, above the ear. I then pulled it out, kicked him, and lunged at him, stabbing my knife repetitively into his head and neck. As he went down with my on top, I kept stabbing until he hit the ground. He was already dead, but I was on an revenge-bloodlust-adrenaline fueled rampage. I wanted to let out as much of that as possible.
I kept moving through the compound, I came to a corner near some boxes and crouched behind them. I heard a radio go off. "Anyone still alive?" Someone asked, "Yeah, this is first platoon of B company. I have twenty guys." Someone responded. "Same here. Anyway, all remaining infantry groups meet and hole up in the 'last stand' location. Center of the courtyard. Out." There was then silence. I knew where they were going. At the center of the large building I was in, there was a small house-like building in a courtyard. It was a strategic location. Almost. I was near it, I could take some stairs next to me and be there. But that would've left me exposed, so I kept on the floor I was on. I kept moving until I reached a door. It was an security door. Except, it had a retinal scanner, backed up by a fingerprint/DNA scanner. What I liked to call a "Triple play." It required a eye of an staff member or authority figure depending on the level of clearance required. With a fingerprint of said figures, and a simple drop of blood. If one of these tests were failed, the door or whatever denied access. You could easily fake the eye and fingerprint, but ever since 2016, new scanners have been made. Almost ALL of these scanners in the world require the person to be ALIVE. Which makes my job harder.
I backed off, and wondered if all the doors leading to the courtyard were like this. I said, "Secure comms uplink to command." My cross-com then secured an uplink to General Townes. "Yes Slovak?" He asked, "Hey, I need a security door scan for all the doors around the courtyard. To make sure they're not all retinal scanners." I said, "Alright, I'll get my men on it." He said. I then activated my magnetic vision on my cross-com. Behind the door was the courtyard below, the center building seemed to be barricaded, with gatling guns near every sandbag position around the house. "Shit, if luck doesn't like me today, then this is gonna get bloody." I said softly.
"Alright Slovak, we got it done. Bad news though, just as you feared, all doors leading to the courtyard are like the ones in front of you." Townes said. I thought, and then said, "Alright, thanks Townes. Slovak out." I then cut the link. I took off my pack, put it in front of me, took out a blanket-like roll, and unrolled it in front of me. It held the ARX-A's disputor shotgun, and the grenade launcher. Along with the tooIs to put them on. I then reloaded all my weapons, and then took out my ARX-A. I unscrewed the grappling hook, set it on the blanket, I took the grenade launcher, and screwed it onto the ARX-A. I then rolled the blanket back up, and put it back into my pack. I put my back pack back on, and loaded my grenade launcher with cluster grenades. A cluster grenade locked on to multiple enemies, but had to be fired a certain number of feet above an enemy to activate. Once activated, it unleashed multiple smaller grenades that fall to the ground onto the enemy. It was devastating. I backed up, hooked my ARX-A to my leg, and pulled out an 1887 shotgun. I loaded a "super-slug" shell into it. A super-slug was a very, very powerful slug. It can blow open almost anything, like this door. I aimed at the door, and fired. The door went flying back off it's hinges. "FIRE THERE!" I heard over the loud clanging of metal. Multiple rounds started hitting the doorway. I waited, and after a few minutes the fire stopped. I took this time to activate my camo and crouch-run across the catwalk. I liked to call it, "Jungle running." Since in jungle war games you mostly crouched to avoid head-level trip-wires. Once I got half-way across, I stood up with my camo still activated. I put up my shotgun and unhooked my ARX-A. I aimed up, and fired the grenade launcher. This however deactivated my camo, and made a loud noise. So once I fired, I sprinted towards a concrete slab on the railing of the catwalk. I slid and crouched next to it. It protected me from most of the bullets being shot at me.
The grenade had already deactivated, and made its grenades rain down on the enemy. Multiple gatling gun positions blew to smithereens. This allowed most of the pressure to be let off of me. I popped up, and squinted. The sight turned into a tac-scope. I fired on the soldiers that I could see. I did it with semi-auto on, and fired two rounds at each soldier I saw. Once I fired they would fall back, dead. I kept up the fire until I ran out of ammo. I ducked down, and reloaded. I popped back up, but once I did, I heard a noise, and the building started to shake a little. The noise got closer, and closer, until I could finally make out what it was. Choppers, the skylights in the room broke, the glass fell down. Ropes came down from where the skylights once were, and soldiers repelled down, except, these weren't ordinary soldiers. I squinted more, and the tac-scope turned into a scope. I focused on the soldier's shoulders, and saw a patch. The patch had a timber wolf on it. "Oh you motherfuckers." I thought to myself. The Russian equivalent of GR had sold themselves to the leaders of the Black Confederation, which isn't good for me at all. "You fucking Bodarks." I said to myself. Bodarks are the nemesis of GR. Russian spec ops trained in brutal conditions, sometimes worse than our conditions. I immediately came under fire, and had to duck behind cover. I threw my combat drone up, and switched it to MG mode. The drone locked onto any target it could and fired at full-auto. I wasn't THAT worried though, not until I saw something even more dangerous. The doors at the right-side of the building opened, and out came two soldiers in fireproof gear, holding flamethrowers. One other soldier stepped out too, in kevlar armor. He was holding a AT-16 'Patriot.' Missile launcher. Also known as the "Jihadi-Killer," "Minuteman," "Missile Defender," "Fourth of July." The AT-16 is an American weapon. It was made to launch multiple missiles at multiple targets. Locked, or not locked. When the firing sequence was prepped, two bars pop out the left and right sides of the barrel. The bars held smaller missiles, once the big missile was launched, the other ones were fired. The smaller missiles were catapulted almost, just launched without firing, then after two feet, launch and head towards the target. This was a failsafe so that the user's face wouldn't burn off.
The soldier holding the AT-16 aimed at the catwalk. I quickly jumped up, and ran for the security door behind me. But I was too late, the missiles were already fired, and had blown the catwalk in half. I fell down, and started to slide down to the ground. Luckily, I only fell about three feet once I ran out of metal to slide on. I quickly recoiled back up, and threw up my ARX to my face. I took aim, and started firing at full-auto. "Armor piercing, FMJ, extra shred." I said, the ARX-A racked, slightly moving me forward and back. "Ammo selected." It said.
The ARX-A's ammo was variable ammo, once the magazine was inside the gun, any ammo could be selected. It was efficient.
The flamethrower soldiers neared me, and started to flank me. One of them fired their thrower late, and burned a bush. The bush melted, the fire looked like it got sticky. "That's not your standard fire..." I said to myself, "That's Napalm." I aimed at the soldier nearest to me, the one to my right. I fired, and he kinda stepped back from me firing, I stepped forward, keeping my distance. After firing half my clip into him, I heard a bullet hit the tank. He then blew up in a fiery explosion. I quickly reloaded my ARX. "Keep ammo." I said, "Ammo selection kept." My ARX said. All of this was happening while my drone was taking care of the bodarks. It's sad they're getting their asses handed to them by a drone.
I fired at the other flamer, stepping forward as he stepped back, suddenly, his suit ripped, I quickly acted. "Cindie'." I said, "Selected." I fired the rest of my clip at the opening, and the hole was on fire. He fell down, screaming. I dove for a sandbag covering as the guy in the kevlar suit pulled out an Ultimax MK.5 and fired at me. I reloaded my ARX, and swapped back to AP ammo. After a long series of rounds, there was a pause. I quickly popped up, and saw he was reloading. I was gonna take advantage of this. I put up my ARX and pulled out my KABAR. "C'here you son of a bitch." I said aloud. I ran at him, faster than a man would carrying gear weighing 89 pounds. Once I got close, I jumped at him, jumping over a railing, judo-kicking him down, and then leaping on him and stabbing him in the helmet repetitively. I eventually broke through the glass-like visor on his helmet. I then stabbed him straight in the eye, pulled out my carbon fiber knife, and stabbed him in the forehead. Blood was everywhere, on my gloves, and pooling around the guy. He was already dead, but like the last guy, I wanted to let out my anger. My anger at everything currently. I imagined his face being that Tate's face. That got me pissed even more. I stabbed both the KABAR and the carbon knife into his forehead, and pulled him up, then lifted. I then threw him forward at the giant doors, and they were thrown open by him. There were no soldiers surprisingly behind that door. I turned on my magnetics, and nothing showed up on the cross-com. Only someone in a room upstairs. I put up my carbon knife and kept my kabar out. I slowly walked up the staircase, with my kabar ready for anything. Once I made it to the second floor, and saw that nothing was there but two massive doors at the end of a long hallway, I put up my kabar. I walked to the doors, and pushed on them. They were locked, and seemed barricaded. I backed up, set down my pack, and pulled out the ARX's under barrel changing kit. I changed the ARX's under barrel from a GL to the grappling hook. I then put up the kit, walked down to the end of the hallway until I got to a pillar. I took some paracorp, tied it around the pillar, and attached a carabiner on my belt to the rope. Once I had tied two-half hitches onto the carabiner. I then aimed at the doors, and fired the grappling hook, the hook launched, and stuck to the door. I had done the same thing with the ARX, since I had put it on full-pull. So that I could rip the door of its hinges. As the hook straightened out and started retracting, which pulled me forward really hard. I kept my balance, and started pulling back. The doors creaked, and finally snapped. They came flying back but luckily the hook only brought a small chunk with it. I quickly unhooked myself from the column, and the ARX, knocked off the chunk of wood from the hook, and put up the ARX. I pulled out my KABAR and a MP2. I walked towards the opening, which was covered with desks and bookshelves. I easily kicked it all over with my boot. And there, standing behind his turned over desk, was Jack. He had no weapons, no nothing. He never expected his private army to fail him. He also never expected someone to show up ready to kill him. "Jack... Jack... Jack... You mother fucker." I said, "Co-leading a massive combined army against DC, and failing miserably. All because of the combined efforts of my team, army national guard, air guard, DRF, QRF, and the army. Now your attacking US forces in Africa when you know you'll fail? When will you learn fucker? You just can't fuck with us." I then put up my KABAR, and pulled out a small, extra knife. "Say goodbye." I said. I then shot his neck and threw the knife at his shoulder. He fell over, but was still alive. I then walked out, the nasty sounds of him gurgling on his blood filling the hall. I then walked out of the compound, and took the road leading to it back to the main road. I saw the trail of dead bodies I had left behind me. I couldn't believe I had single-handedly wiped out an entire area with just a few guns, knives, and a drone. I knew Townes would believe me...