CHAPTER 33

Husband Duties

IT WAS SEVEN in the evening, and William was waiting for his husband to come home from Batangas. He checked the construction site of their soon-to-rise art museum.

He's in his husband's office, wearing flowy pajama and a loose white shirt with his eyeglass protection on. He is also checking important documents so that his husband can rest when he gets home.

He is sipping his coffee while looking at those papers when his phone suddenly rings.

Honey is calling...

"Where are you now?" Wil asked without tearing his eyes from the papers.

"Hi honey, I'm on my way. Give me 10 more minutes. Where are the kids?"

"Sleeping already."

"Okay, okay, see you later. I love you."

"Take care. I love you, too."

"Bye, hon."

Matapos ang kanilang usapan ay pumunta na munang muli si William sa kusina para ipagtimpla ng mainit na kape ang kaniyang asawa. He also readied the bathroom for him, the sleeping wear, the bed, and lastly, the massage before they go to sleep.

Makalipas lang ang halos sampung minuto nga, narinig na rin ni William ang malalim, malambing ngunit pagod na boses ni Sebastian mula sa main door. He looked exhausted, but when he saw his husband, his tiredness faded away.

"Good evening, honey," malambing na salubong ni Sebastian sa kaniya bago siya nito niyakap paharap at saka hinalikan sa kaniyang labi.

"Have you eaten your dinner?"

"Yeah, can I check the kids first?"

"Of course, they're looking for you all day."

"How sweet."

Pumunta na muna ang mag-asawa sa kuwarto ng dalawang bata na katabi lang ng kanilang kuwarto sa second floor ng bahay.

"Did you miss Daddy? Don't worry, we will go to the amusement some other day." The way he talked to them, it's like he's keeping his voice low and measured to avoid waking them up.

"Sleep well, kids. Daddy loves you so much." Sebastian then gave them soft kisses on their foreheads, the backs of their small, soft, and chubby hands.

Max Craig Dizon Portavaga, their two-year-old younger child, after Kiara Chandria Dizon Portavaga, the three-year-old one. Sebastian's biological son is Craig, whereas Wil's child is Kiara.

They are both good-looking kids because of their mixed bloodlines—half-British and half-Filipino. They are registered in London, so there's no problem when it comes to their legal papers.

They made sure that their kids were virtually monitored through a big screen in their room.

William took his things and put them in their respective places as they entered their room right next to the children's room.

"Tired?" he asked while untying his husband's necktie.

"Yeah, but I saw my love already. I love you, honey," malambing na pagkakasabi ni Sebastian.

Hindi naman maitatanggi ni William na kinikilig siya kada nilalambing siya ng kaniyang asawa. His deep and husky voice penetrates the surface of his skin, going to his nerves.

"Such a dickhead," pang-aasar ni William.

They were in their room but the way they conversed with each other was like they were inside their children's rooms and kept on whispering to avoid any noises that could disturb their soundly sleep.