CHAPTER 17

Melancholy

MAXIMO IS A PHILANDERER and a drunkard. He never really thought of bending himself just to love a man, for he knew a woman was just meant for a man, and likewise, with a special consideration for sex as a vital part.

Before, Maximo thought he had life figured out already and how it would flow with its own accord, a life full of money without passion and sincerity. But, he was definitely wrong because of one major predicament, his one big decision without any preparations and expectations, his view, his fate, his beliefs, his habits, and his whole life surprised him with this lovely and gorgeous man who's living himself with art in Brick Lane, a total opposite of his life excluding being fond of art. Something he once wished to have but his strict and ambitious parents never allowed him to do it because they only thought about and prioritized their name and business. Of course, just for the sake of money and fame, they're willing to risk everything.

His parents who prohibits him to express his own freedom. To protect their family is to control them, that's how they handle their lives and almost treat it as their virtue.

How could he be the same Maximo as before if someone changed him for the better? Someone who taught him that nothing is above happiness and love. How can he smile if someone, his happiness in particular, was left behind in Brick Lane? Someone who loved him and accepted him for who he really was?

That seven-day love story in Brick Lane truly left an impeccable mark on these gorgeous, lovely men. That's why they are in dire pain. It's just a series of days, but it feels like a hundred days because of their genuine memories together.

Reckon the memories, not the days before it's too late. Don't wait for it to last, just wait for it to be sculpted in clast. By that, your presence will be remembered and your love will be treasured.

And now, they have totally reached the pivotal part of their abrupt love story.

Someone who made his promise was also the one who broke it just to save the life of his man.

And another person who said he would never leave his man no matter what happened was also the one who actually left.

They are a total mess in their own ways because of the shitty things that life has been throwing at them. It filled them up like an ocean of problems until it rose higher and drowned them in sadness and hopelessness.

***

Maximo and his parents are now flying back to the Philippines, and he's been thinking the same thoughts of dejection for almost 10 hours since the departure from London. He's really scathing about what happened in Brick Lane.

Why did you let me go?

Why did you break your promise?

I thought, we will fight this together, but what happened?

Why did we come up this way?

This is not what I imagined when you said we will go through it.

I'm really in pain and disappointed in what you did.

He was sitting beside the window as he watched the clouds from the inside. He's still crying quietly and seeing William's face in his own vision.

"William..." he said in the lowest tone of his voice while it cracks.

His parents were sleeping at the time, but before they fell asleep, they continued scolding and repulsing their older son as if he had committed the most cruel sin in the history of mankind.