Chapter 65: Booze and Chips

LEXA POV
After Abby and Marcus's Anniversary, surprisingly, Clarke was more open to us. For the past week, she has been joining us for lunch and she even initiates conversations. I'm not complaining at all. This only means that I get to spend more time with Clarke, even it means us just being friends.

Raven: Okay, so this weekend, we don't have shit work to do.

Anya: Yea, our bosses are pretty nice this week. No weekend work.

Both Clarke and I protest knowing we're their bosses. They just laugh at us and Octavia and Luna seems to want to join them in their teasing.

Octavia: Anyways, Raven and I wanted to get drunk and watch movies but we thought it would be more fun with you guys.

Luna: When will this be?

Raven: Tomorrow night.

Clarke: That soon?

Octavia: It's not like we're going out of the country, Clarkie. We're just going to Raven and I's apartment and buy some booze and chips. Then we're good to go.

I look at Clarke and she nods agreeing to Octavia's point.

Raven: So, are you guys in?

Everyone agreed, including Clarke.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

---------------tomorrow night------------------
We arrived at Raven and Octavia's apartment, but Clarke isn't there yet. So i texted her.

After a few minutes, Clarke arrived with 3 bags

After a few minutes, Clarke arrived with 3 bags. It was all from the grocery store. Raven and Anya of course went to take the bags, they love food more than anything. Luna and Octavia shouted "hi Clarkie" from the kitchen since they were preparing dinner. So I was the one left with Clarke near the door.

Clarke: I told you, I was at the store.

She chuckles at me and I just slightly nudge her arm.

Me: Come on, let's go ruin what they're cooking.

Clarke laughs first but agrees. We made our way to the kitchen and just like I said, Raven and Anya were already opening bags of chips from what Clarke brought. And Luna and Octavia were still busy cooking. Clarke and I went to sit around the table with Raven and Anya. Clarke leans to my ear and whisper something

Clarke: I think Octavia and Luna are burning dinner.

I look at Octavia and Luna but see and smell no sign of burnt dinner

Me: I don't think so. They seem perfectly fine.

Clarke: No, they're burning it. Trust me.