Chapter 16: Family Ties

LEXA POV
We left the Griffin household immediately. When I saw my parents look at me in a weird way after I talked to Clarke, I knew something was up. So i quickly left the house without even looking back at Clarke or saying goodbye.

I drop my head at the car seat thinking Clarke and I might fight again because of this. I just got her back and I don't plan on ruining our friendship ever again.

We arrive at our house. As we enter...

Gustus: So Clarke huh?

Me: What about her, dad?

Becca: Alexandria, don't lie to us. Is there something going on between you and Clarke?

Mom called me Alexandria. Okay, now this is bad.

Me: No, there's nothing going on. We are just friends.

Gustus: Friends? If you two are friends, what's with the special thank you message?

Me: I think everyone gave a thank you speech dad. And everyone mentioned somebody, and I mentioned everyone.

Gustus: No you didn't young lady. You said 'family and friends epsecially Clarke' 

Becca: And when it was her turn, she said the same to you. That you are amazing. Not to mention how everyone around that table were cheering. So tell us, is there something we need to know?

Mom and Dad's voice are getting louder. I know they don't want me to be in a relationship yet. But me being with the same gender scares them. Our family, or should I say their family, isn't fond on this kind of revelations. They say that being gay isn't a good reputation for the family name.

Gustus: Answer us, Alexandria!

I got scared at my dad's tone. I was crying already.

Me: Nothing is happening between me and Clarke

Me: Nothing is happening between me and Clarke. I swear.

Becca: Then what do you call what happened awhile ago?

Me: I... i- i think i like her. But she doesn't know.

I see my mom and dad groan so hard and put a hand in their head.

Gustus: Good gracious child. You have no right. You'll ruin our reputation!

Becca: we didn't raise you to be a sinful child. We took you to our home, taught you our ways. Ways on how to survive this world. And this is how you repay us? How dare you!

My mom was about to slapped me but my dad stopped him. I was crying real hard now, moping on the floor.

Gustus: the 1st time I saw Clarke, i told you she was a bad influence but you assured me that she isn't. Now what do you call what's happening to you now? Did she push herself to you? I should file harassment and assualt to her. That will teach her.

I didn't want to Clarke experience that. And they are wrong Clarke didn't do anything. I stood up mad and yelled

Me: No. Stop! Clarke didn't do anything to me. She didn't even touch me or kiss me. She respects me. I don't even know if she likes me back. She treats everyone, including me, like her own family. She didn't push herself to me. I am the one trying to push myself to her. Because I like her. I like her and I don't know if she likes me too. She's the best and most amazing person I know. She makes me laugh and smile at the most simplest things. Even when I assumed bad to her and avoided her, she made sure I was safe even though I was the one who's fault it is. She gave up hanging out with her friends so that I will have friends to hangout with. She let her friend use her car so I can have a ride to and from school. She rode a goddamn motorcycle for weeks and you know that's a death trap. She did all of that so I can be safe , so that I can have friends. That's how amazing Clarke is. And even if everyone is teasing that she likes me too, she doesn't push anything between us. She's too good and too amazing. So don't you dare tell anything bad about her.

I brokedown crying again. And with that my mom pulled my hair to my room. My dad opened my closet drawers and threw all my clothes at me. They were yelling and yelling and all I can hear are my sobs.

Gustus: Pack your things, Alexandria. You are a disgrace to this family. When your own parents left you in that trashbin, we were kind enough to adopt you. To raise you, to feed you. All we ask in return is to respect the family name.

Becca: You don't deserve to be called my daughter. You are no Woodson. You are nobody. Now pack and leave. I don't want to see you ever again.

I gather all my clothes and put everything in a trolley and all bags I can get. I quickly get up and the people I call my parents are waiting for me downstairs with angry looks.

Gustus: I am very much dissapointed with you Alexandria.

Me: I am no longer Alexandria Woodson. I am Lexa Woods. A girl whose own family can't accept her for being her.

Becca: Fucking leave! Clarke will pay for this. She took my daughter away.

I got mad at my mom's threat towards Clarke.

Me: If you go near Clarke, I swear to God, I will tell everyone how you and this whole family used to smuggle drugs. You call yourselves business professionals but those are only cover ups for your operations. Come near me, or Clarke or any of my deliquent family, you and your precious Woodson reputation is doomed. I have proof.

Becca and Gustus gasps at what I revealed. I quickly carried my things and ran to god knows where.

Yes, that's my story

Yes, that's my story. I was left by my biological parents in a trashbin and Becca and Gustus was kind enough to take me home with them. They saved me. They're the reason I'm alive. Growing up, I found out about how we have all the money because of the illegal business my parents have. Life was hard then, family wise. Becuase of strict rules, i usually get beaten up by my own parents if I make a mistake. But when I was 15, they saw how beat up I was after their high and wanted to stop. And they did. Since then life got harder financially, but the 3 of us got closer and better, happier. That's why this year, we decided to leave Australlia and start a new life. And here we are. But with Clarke, everything is falling down. I wonder, is Clarke worth it?

It's raining so hard now. I don't know where to go. I take out my phone and call the 1 person I want to see and trust.

Clarke.

I quickly dial her number. In 3 rings, she picks up.

Me: Clarke?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 16.

Sorry i had to put this past of Lexa out of the open before I forget. Hope you still all continue reading throughout the story.

Please support my fanfic, share, comment and vote pls. Also, pls follow me. Thanks!

Comment, share, VOTE

xx lovelots
Alex

Always and ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara