Chapter 37: L O V E

February 14th, 2015

LEXA POV
I'm pretty sure I am one of those people who are nervous as hell right now. I mean, it's Valentine's Day! It's my 1st time ever to celebrate it. It has to be perfect. It has to be.

I wake up and it's 5:00 in the morning. Clarke usually wakes up at 7 so all is well. I had talked to Marcus in helping me cook. As I went downstairs, he was already there preparing things we need to surprise both of our girls.

We start cooking and as soon as we finished, we made our way to our girls' rooms and I mumble a thank you to Marcus. I make my way to Clarke and I's room. She's still sleeping like a baby. I smile just looking at her. I put the tray of food at the small table and went to Clarke's balcony to prepare before waking her up. It's already 6AM.

I fixed up some pillows and comforter outside

I fixed up some pillows and comforter outside. I put down the tray of breakfast: waffles, fruits, bacon and eggs plus hot cocoa (her favorite) and some ginger water (she loves it).

I make my way to the bedroom and wake Clarke up. I gently stroke her cheeks

Me: Baby. Clarke. Heyy. Time to wake up, love.

Clarke: Mmmm. 5 more minutes pls.

I kiss her forehead.

Me: I'd love to let you sleep some more but you have to wake up. I have a surprise for you.

She quickly opens her eyes and smiles.

Clarke: Yea? What is it?

Me: You should come and find out.

I walk her out of the balcony and see her smiling widely. She jumps up to me for a hug.

Clarke: Oh my god. You did all of this? It's amazing, princess. I love you!!

Me: I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day, love.

We eat happily, full of love.
------------------------------------------------------------

CLARKE POV
Okay, how can I top what Lexa did for me? I mean, she woke up early and cooked. She's the best girlfriend there is. Now, I got more nervous at my surprise to her. Well not really a surprise, just a little gift. I know I should give all out but I can't go spending much at restaurants now. College is soon, and I just can't. I sigh thinking I might dissapoint Lexa.

The day had passed and flowers and letters and kisses here and there. Raven didn't ask for a ride home today since she's going on a date with Octavia. I drive Lexa and I to the place I want to surprise her.

Lexa: Where are we going babe?

Me: I just need to pick something up then we'll go home.

Of course I lied. 25 mintues have passed and we arrived. We were walking to what seems like a cabin hand in hand. As we arrived at the backyard, Lexa wraps me in a tight hug.