Chapter 19: Music

LEXA POV
It was the middle of night and I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what Marcus told me about my parents and how Becca and Gustus are far away from me now.

Thinking about it, Becca and Gustus were nice to me even if the idea of using me hurts. We were happy for some time. I know I'll forgive them, but not now. It hurts too much. I sit up and wipe the tears in my eyes.

I look over Clarke sleeping peacefully. Her mouth slightly open to breathe because her nose is swollen. I look at it closer and I can feel that it hurts. I frown just thinking Clarke got hurt because of me. Because I wanted to leave my family.

I get up and wander around the house. I started cleaning. I re-washed the dishes that were placed at the dishwasher, I did some laundry too, even it's mostly linen and this weekend's clothes. I still can't sleep after so I continued cleaning the house. I also wanted to clean Clarke's bathroom but she might wake up. I went to the backyard to breathe in some fresh air. As I was walking to the thinking spot of Clarke, I notice a small room or office near the outside kitchen. I went over to look at it. I smiled when I saw what's inside.

 I smiled when I saw what's inside

Music room. I went inside and play the guitar. At first I didn't know what song to play. I just continued strumming the guitar. I was thinking about Clarke. How she changed my life. How she made me the happiest person there is. And how she continually saves me from all the pain in my life. That even when she gets hurt because of me, she's still there. I continue strumming just thinking about Clarke. Until I made my own melody. And I started singing some lines.

(imagine Lexa composing it while she thinks about Clarke and singing it)

🎶
You make me nervous more than I care to admit
When I'm around you I forgetmyname
And so Itell myself the best is yetto come
Counting down the never-ending days

We'll be best friends loversontheside
You and occasionallyI
We can bemore than what we are now
I've got feelings I can't hide
You make me laugh til I cry
So let's skip to the good part
🎶

I stop when I suddenly hear someone footsepts approaching me. It's Clarke.

Clarke: Please don't stop on my account.

Me: No, it's all good. I was just playing around

Clarke: If that was playing around, I don't know how amazing it is when you're serious.