ch. 16: not whole

we all went inside, with Auntie Rose holding Renesmee and Daddy holding me again. I smelled one of my favorite human drinks: hot chocolate.

"you smelled this, didn't you?" Esme said, laughing. she handed me the chocolaty drink in my favorite mug.

 she handed me the chocolaty drink in my favorite mug

she gave Renesmee some, too. Daddy put me down and I sat on the couch, not spilling anything.

"Emmett's going out to get a tree, and then we'll decorate it together, sweethearts." Auntie Rose told us. I know she'd always wanted a little baby for herself, and since Ness and me were the closest she would get, she spoiled us.

"okay." Renesmee muttered, blushing. we were both always blushing, because our hearts were fast, like a vampire's was a second before it stopped.

"will Auntie Alice and Uncle Jasper be home for Christmas?" Nessie asked the room. everything froze. I felt tears running down my cheeks at the thought of my favorite aunt and her husband, my Uncle Jazz and Auntie Ali. Daddy pulled me closer and wiped my tears softly, but I knew there were hidden waves of protectiveness under that.

"no, Nessie. I don't think they will." Grandpa Carlisle told her finally. Renesmee cried too, and Daddy pulled her to the other side of him and kissed her forehead. I might be his favorite, but he loves Renesmee just as much as he loves me, I just get more attention from him. and Nessie's fine, she thinks I deserve it because Momma doesn't like me anymore, even though I still love her.

"well, we should go get out the decorations. and I got some ornaments I think the twins will like." Grandma told us, to change the subject.

"here they are." Auntie Rose said, handing each of us a little circle on a string.

Raelynn:

Renesmee:

Renesmee:

they were little ornaments for our first Christmases! I heard Ness giggle, that little giggle Momma loves

they were little ornaments for our first Christmases! I heard Ness giggle, that little giggle Momma loves. she used to love it when I laughed, too,  she'd say it sounded like little fairies. when I asked her how she knew, she said she just did. she knew because we were her little fairies, or her little angels. either way, I was happy to be hers. to just be one of Bella and Edward's little girls.

"got the tree!" Uncle Emmett yelled as he came in. I sipped my hot chocolate, and looked over the rim to see, like I expected, dirt trailing into Grandpa Carlisle and Grandma Esme's house. Grandma sighed. she would probably be scolding if she didn't know he was doing it for us. somehow, everything seemed for me and Renesmee these days. and if I know anything, it's that that'll end in disaster for me no matter what they do, because of Momma. because Momma doesn't think I'm one of her little girls anymore.

a.n.-wow this chapter's sad. I wanted to show that she feels she lost three important members of her family within a day, which she did, and that it's affecting her more than she lets show.