ch. 8: Another Grandfather

Raelynn p.o.v.

Momma was holding Ness, daddy was holding me, and everyone was happy, and then Jake came in and daddy got mad all of a sudden.

Daddy what did he tell someone? And who is the man he told? I asked daddy through my thoughts. For the first time ever, he ignored me.

"What did you do?" Momma asked Jacob. By then, Ness and I were visibly clinging to every spoken word.

"He told charlie the secret." Daddy growled. I gasped. He'd never, never growled in front of me! I wasn't scared, I was confused. What could make daddy so angry he'd growl at Nessie's Jake? And speaking of the wolves, where was my Seth when I need him? Auntie Alice came and took me out of his shaking arms. She brought me to the kitchen and fed me some fresh and warm mountain lion blood -my favorite- to calm me down.

"Auntie-" I started, but was interrupted.

"Shh. Go to sleep, sweet girl. You need some rest." She said, in the voice she knew I found complete comfort in. She brought me to my bedroom in the mansion that grandpa Carlisle has, and I fell asleep on the way up.

 She brought me to my bedroom in the mansion that grandpa Carlisle has, and I fell asleep on the way up

I was woken up by daddy, and was not in much of a mood for anything. I just laid there while daddy picked me up, put me in an Alice-approved outfit instead of pajamas I never wanted to change out of, and brought me downstairs.

 I just laid there while daddy picked me up, put me in an Alice-approved outfit instead of pajamas I never wanted to change out of, and brought me downstairs

I just stayed curled up in daddy's arms. I do not like waking up at all. I tried to sleep but every time I got close he shifted me. Why is he against his own little baby daughter sleeping? Why does he hate me? Why?

"Here she is." Daddy said. I looked up and saw the man from his thoughts. Daddy mentally told me to not say anything, and I didn't. I knew from his mind that this was important to the safety of everyone I know.

"So that's little Lynn?" The man asked.

"Raelynn Elizabeth Cullen." Daddy told him. Momma glanced at me, then looked back to Renesmee instead. I decided to ignore both the man and my mother and try to sleep again. Of course, daddy gave me to the man, and I was forced to look at him. He looked sort of like Momma did when we were born, with slightly tanned skin and jet-black hair.

"So. I'm, uh, Grandpa Charlie." He said awkwardly. I gave him the smile that always made adults coo and laugh, and it had similar effects on him: Grandpa Charlie smiled.

"They both have that affect on people. And they know they do it, especially Lynn." Momma explained. Grandpa charlie just smiled.

a.n.- YES! this wasn't in the original but I decided I wanted to make this more detailed and accurate-for a fanfiction-so why not?