Truth

TW: Aramour Soulmate AU, Cussing, Homophobic parents, her mother redeems herself, Jane lives a complicated life, it isn't really noticeable, but they are in college, which makes this way weirder, when you're around your soulmate you can't lie or stop yourself from saying what you're thinking, Arranged Marriage, the guy is there for like ten seconds but they get rid of him by, ~acting~.

REQUESTED BY: aweb1122

Jane isn't entirely sure what happened the first time.

She ran into someone (a girl) in the hallway (a very pretty girl) and they asked if she was okay.

What she went to say was, yes.

What she said was, 'no my parents are making me marry some dude and he seems really sketchy.'

Literally what is wrong with her.

When she asked if she was okay, rather awkwardly she responded with -

'My ex boyfriend slept with the entire school and made me feel worthless.'

Then they stared at each other in horrified silence.

Then she ran away, and Jane really didn't blame her.

_____________

The second time it happened Jane had a sneaking suspicion that something was up.

She asked her what her name was and she responded with a dizzying amount of words.

'Catalina de Aragon, that's my real name, but people call me Catherine Aragon here, so I mean it depends on how literal you're being by what's my name. I would prefer Catalina, although normally I don't let people call me that, but Catherine is fine. I also don't normally spout nonsense when someone asks me a simple question, but I can't seem to find my filter so whatever I'm thinking just kind of comes out of my mouth, like for example you're eyes are really pretty, I mean you're really pretty in general, I'm going to run away again if that's alright.'

And then she did.

_____________

The third time Jane actually got to introduce herself and word vomited as well.

'Jane Seymour, I don't have a different name, that's it, I'm not making fun of you, wait, maybe you weren't thinking that but now that I said it you might be thinking it. I'm sorry, you're gorgeous, oh that wasn't what I was supposed to say, I'm late for an arranged meeting with my fiance, who I already hate, i'd rather marry you - and oh my god I definitely wasn't supposed to say that, bye now!"

And then Jane ran away.

______________

The fourth time was actually an hour later when Catalina showed up at her dorm after apparently searching around for her and pretty much died when she saw Jane's fiance.

Who was her ex.

And Jane instantly jumped on that boat and flew into 'hysterics'.

(She was internally thanking Anne for the theatre classes that she hadn't wanted to do, but Anne had taken her phone and wouldn't give it back until she agreed.)

(She doesn't condone the theft of her phone though, she was still livid about that.)

Jane's parents were not pleased to find out that he slept with at least thirty women while in a committed relationship and cut him off.

Jane tried very hard not start crying out of pure joy.

Very hard.

Unfortunately while blurting out what he had done to her, she also admitted that she liked Jane.