Mary & Lizzie: Crush

TW: Cussing and Pining.

At first it was hilarious that Lizzie was crushing on Scott's.

It became less funny when Jane Grey moved to town.

Because Mary got paid back for all her teasing.

Mary also had some suspicions about them, concerning reincarnation. Lizzie agreed.

Mary Stuart was definitely the former queen of Scotland, and Jane Grey was totally the girl Mary had beheaded before her rise to power.

Fun fact, they'd killed both of their crushes.

Isn't that nice?

When they told their mothers of their predicament they got very different responses.

From Catherine, pity, something Mary didn't appreciate, but also did at the same time.

And from Anne, a mumble about relating.

(Lizzie didn't tell Mary this quite yet, but her mother was definitely crushing on Catherine.)

They stared at them from afar, mildly creepy, but what were they supposed to do? Walk up and hope they didn't remember their final moments on the chop block?

They hung with different crowds, Scott's in the group that was generally in trouble and liked to flip the bird at teachers (something both Mary and Lizzie found endlessly amusing). And Jane with the nice, popular crowd.

Socially speaking Lizzie had the high ground, and from anyone else's point of view, it should've been easy.

For Mary, it was way harder.

Popular nice girl and that mean Catholic girl that's always scowling.

(Mary's going to have to rethink her religion now that she thinks about it.)

Not exactly an everyday occurrence.

So by social standards alone Mary was so completely fucked.

Not to mention the whole beheading her for power thing.

Lizzie was basically in the same boat, she'd beheaded Scott's too, but to be fair Scott's tried to kill her first due to Mary doing the exact same thing that happened to her.

(Now that she thinks about it, that was extra fucked up. She knew exactly what it felt like to be completely fucked over by her predecessor, yet she did that same fucking thing. Wow, total hypocrite she was.)

But back to her hopeless crush on Jane Grey (who went by Janie). Jane Grey was the sweetest person Mary had even seen.

She hadn't really met her, she was still wrestling with how to introduce herself without her seeing her face. She looked a lot like she did back then. Excluding the shorts, sunglasses, and t-shirt she was wearing.

(Not to mention the sudden appearance of lipstick. That had appeared after seeing Jane, and Lizzie wouldn't leave her alone about it.)

She was so royally fucked.

No pun intended.

____________

Lizzie was going to die if she was assigned as Scott's partner.

She'd long stopped calling her Mary, was way too confusing for her, and she didn't like to think about her sister like that.

"Alright come up to the front of the class to see your partners for the project."

Lizzie scanned both lists, looking to see who Mary's (her sister, wow this was already complicated.) partner was.

Mary Aragon and Jane Grey.