Miracle

TW: Cussing, Implied Smut, Catherine's a little sad, but uh oh here comes Anne, doing Anne things, making her smile, wooh~.

All her life Catherine has known one thing to be true.

Miracles don't exist.

It's just a fact.

No, you can't rely on some star to give you what you want, you need to take it, to earn it. Otherwise you're just a kid relying on a rock, because it isn't even an actual star, to give you what you want.

Catherine stands firm in her opinion, not believing a word of whatever this motivational speaker is spouting at her. All she knows is whatever he's talking about is complete and utter nonsense. At the end she doesn't clap with her co-workers, instead she swivels and goes back to work. She knows people are giving her dirty looks for not clapping, but she isn't there to make friends. She's there to make money, to do her job, to make a career.

Catherine eats alone, due to her antisocial behavior and occasional rudeness.

She doesn't think she's rude, she's just telling the truth. Some people just can't handle it, because it hurts for them to realize just how stupid they've been. Some girls talk on the phone with their best friends for hours, talking about what they wished would happen.

Catherine spent hours doing her work and making it happen.

__________________

There's a new girl, and for some unexplained reason her boss wants Catherine to show her around. Doesn't make sense at all, but she does it anyways because she was told to.

The girl is a handful and Catherine has a fleeting thought of leaving her at a random place so she can be lost for a few hours. But she would probably get in a lot of trouble for it.

Catherine is annoyed with her until someone walks by and says it's a miracle that Catherine hasn't throttled her.

"Miracles don't exist."

Catherine whipped around to face the girl, who she had learned was quite the smiler. She was sneering at the man, and Catherine isn't sure what pissed her off more in his statement.

The guy stumbled back before sneering back at her.

"You two are perfect for each other, neither of you can take a damn joke."

The girl rolls her eyes, and Catherine feels a strange emotion wash over her at the sight of it.

"What's your name again?"

"Anne, Anne Boleyn."

_________________

Anne quickly breaches all of Catherine's walls and becomes her friend.

Her only friend admittedly.

They eat lunch together and bitch about their co-workers. Catherine hates to admit it, but having a friend does help her get through the day. Even if it's causing her to not do her work and talk to her instead sometimes.

__________________

Right on schedule Henry shows up and tries to hit on Catherine.

And just like normal she shoots him down in the most embarrassing way possible. It's at this point he notices Anne, who looked like she didn't quite know what to do.

He asked her out on a date, and Anne stilled.

Catherine started laughing when she called him an ugly fat fuck.