Floral

TW: Death, crying, cussing, Maragon, hanakai AU, angst, and then more angst, 10 seconds of fluff, then angst again, no happy ending, Maria makes so many internal jokes about dying by flower, she's self deprecating, like meeeeee.

REQUESTED BY: s4ltFrogi

Maria was not a very complicated woman.

Chocolate, and rom - coms were a very quick and effective way to her heart.

And everyone knew it.

Catherine Aragon (her best friend, who'd she die for although that may be just a bit on the nose for this certain predicament) was the most amazing woman in the entire world.

So naturally Maria fell madly in love with her and contracted a fictitious disease.

Hanakai.

Basically if you like flowers you never will again, because everytime you look at a flower you'll think of blood and a terrible feeling because you're being killed by a sunflower.

Alright the sunflower was more specific to Maria's case, it was Catherine's favorite flower because it was yellow. (It was always yellow)

So here she was, choking on sunflower seeds (because why not, the more the merrier). It had been quite the trick keeping Catherine out of the big secret that's pretty much -

You're so amazing and loveable that it's killing me, literally.

Maria sighed as she looked at herself in the bathroom mirror, a complete disaster. But that complete disaster looking back at her had no leftover petals on her body.

So the walking disaster went to school to face her crush.

"Maaaarrrrrriiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~" Catherine sang when she saw her.

"Catalina." Maria stated simply with a fond smile.

Catherine jogged forward and hugged her. When she pulled away both of them were grinning. (Maria was ignoring the tickle in her throat that started yelling about death by sunflower)

"Did you do your science review?"

"Yes?"

"Good, because I didn't."

"Wha - why?!"

"I was busy plotting my revenge against Henry."

"What happened?"

"He was dragging some other five girls along with him."

"What? Want me to go beat him up?"

"No, one of them is the head of the newspaper, I got her to publish a story about how small his dick is."

"Really? Couldn't she get removed from office for that?"

"Yes, but she deemed it worth it."

"I concur with that statement."

Maria rifled through her bag, searching for a probably really crinkled science review. When she found it she let out a 'aha!' then promptly handed it over for Catherine to copy.

"Thank you, you're my hero."

"You're wel -"

No! This is not a good time for you to make a cameo! Can't you kill me later?

The answer is no, it can't wait five more seconds.

Maria started to wretch right where she was, thankfully this was one of the warning ones, so all that came up was her extremely small breakfast that consisted of pop tarts.