Mary & Lizzie: The Seymours

TW: Cussing, Angst, Mentioned Rape, Non Consensual, Violence

When it happened Mary was with Janie, happily cuddling with her. Janie was one of the few people who Mary allowed to hug or cuddle her. Her mother and Lizzie being the others. Janie was stroking Mary's dark red hair soothingly, and Mary was having trouble remembering why she needed to comforted with how relaxed she felt.

Janie playing with her hair soothed her to sleep, and Mary's eyes fluttered shut, feeling safe.

Immediately her brain played a cruel trick on her, and replayed the events of the day in a dream.

So much for a fitful rest.

________________

Lizzie was very much helping her mother plan a date with Catherine. (Catalina to Anne, who kept sighing it much to Lizzie's annoyance and glee).

Mezza was going to be at the house in a few hours and probably briefly get dragged into the planning process before she and Lizzie went on their own date.

But surprise, Anne forgot that the date was earlier, and suddenly she was being called by Catherine asking where she was.

"Shiiitttt."

Lizzie heard Catherine's response.

"What?"

"Nothing! I'm on my way, um, I'll be there in a few minutes, there were just some issues with...."

Panic lit her gaze as she looked at Lizzie desperately. Lizzie pointed to herself, motioning for her to blame it on her.

"...Lizzie, but don't tell her I said that."

Lizzie nodded, impressed with the way she saved the previously blatant lie.

"Okay......" Catherine responded.

Lizzie only just realized that she was on speaker phone, and shook her head with a smile as Anne hung up and darted upstairs.

"I haven't even picked my outfit!"

"Wear the green dress."

"The green dress got us arrested for public indecency last time."

Lizzie involuntarily started to laugh at the memory of her mother and Catherine sitting in jail with sour and mortified expressions as she and Mary bailed them out.

"Stop laughing!"

"Sorry! But at least you know she likes the dress!"

"Yeah, she likes it too much for the public. And she'll think I'm up to something if I show up in that dress that caused her to do that in public."

"Are you not trying to get laid?"

"I am! And - wait, I am not talking about this with my daughter!"

"Look who's being a normal mother."

"Take that back!"

___________________

Catherine knew that Anne was lying, she just couldn't tell what about.

It didn't matter anyway, she had a plan for the night anyways. She felt a tiny bit bad for planning to derail Anne's date, but she knew Anne wouldn't be too upset about it.

The yellow dress was lying on the bed, taunting her.

She put it on, knowing Anne would know what's up the moment she saw her.

She heard Anne pull up. She looked out the window and saw she was wearing ripped jeans, and a baggy green shirt. Catherine bit her lip in anticipation as she watched Anne walk up to the door.