Ch. 15

I Make Them (2)

“Well then, please give me an excuse that I can accept.”

With Erta in his palms, Yu IlHan tried his best to surpress his rage as he spoke. Erta seemed to be pricked by something as she didn’t receive Yu IlHan’s gaze straight on, and retorted in a small gaze whilst turning her head away.

[It’s because it was the solution that uses the least amount of energy……Probably……]

“Energy?”

[Connecting to other words was something that had already been done before, and it’s not hard to revive the severed connection. What’s left is touching up on the small details and setting for the quest-and-reward system. Now, if the Earthlings receive quests that are suitable for themselves and pile up their experience and records, then they’ll be able to grow their anti-monster capabilities faster.]

“And so, you’re saying that it’s the most reasonable method?”

[That’s so.]

Erta, who had regained a bit of confidence after seeing Yu IlHan’s positive attitude, retorted as such while looking at him.

Yu IlHan waited for this opportunity before asking with the saddest expression that he could muster.

“Then what about me?”

[……]

Erta was at a lost for words.

“IF everyone else is going to and fro from those other worlds, then me? What about me?”

[You were a loner anyways, so there probably won’t be a lot that changes though?

“Even so! You know? Even so!”

He had never felt such a violent rage in all of his thousand years.

He was angry at the overall situation, but most of all, he was angry at Erta’s words, that couldn’t be said to be that wrong.

“How should I answer when my mom asks me why I didn’t go to another world!?”

[Answer that you have nothing to learn about anything that can help with your life in such a place!]

“Am I some middle schooler who doesn’t want to go to school!?”

[Although I think it’s very pitiful, it’s useless to talk to me about it as this wasn’t my decision.]

Erta, who had reached her limit, eventually had to present a suitable argument like a coward as she pretended not to know anything.

Yu IlHan, who had lost the energy to retort, was mindless for a moment. With a sigh, he sat up on the bed.

“Yeah, well, I can’t do anything even if I complain to you. So in the end, I can’t go to another world.”

[If you become a higher existence, then who knows.]

“And how many years would that take?”

[It should be less than the time that you’ve lived up until now.]

“Well, that’s so comforting, hey!”

When he woke up and went to the kitchen, his mother and father were conversing with each other with serious faces-. On the lit TV, people were talking about the notice that had been sent to all of humanity, but it was accompanied by another shocking story as well.

“A state of emergency?”

While he was shocked and mumbling at the news that he was seeing for the first time, his mother noticed him and spoke.