Ch.13

Hunt Alone (5)

Yu IlHan drooped his shoulders when he heard that he couldn’t eat the bear gallbladder, but his speed didn’t change much. He, who ran after changing his direction for a bit after passing the train station, was even faster than a 60km/h car.

[Hm, this is quite fun. I’ll hold tight so don’t you have any thoughts in somersaulting in mid air?]

“Am I a roller coaster?”

Despite running with a lot of booming noises, whether it was the cars or the motorbikes or the pedestrians on the street, nobody gave a glance towards Yu IlHan.

As he was already used to it, Yu IlHan didn’t pay it any mind.

“People are decreasing.”

[The police are blocking them.]

The scene became more and more unordinary as he went uphill on Jeongneung street. Empty roads instead of crowded streets, with police cars and military vehicles replacing the people. Soldiers were walkie-talkie messaging somewhere and the civillians were running down the hill.

Looking at the people running down while crying and carrying 007 bags, heavy bags, or etc., this appeared no different from a disaster scene with refugees.

They would probably think that reality is unfair – they had lived in other worlds for 10 years to adapt to situations like this, but as soon as they returned, monsters they can’t fight were breaking their houses.

On Earth after the Great Cataclysm, there were no more tutorials. The trial that made people realize that was too cruel. It was to the point that Yu IlHan, who was moving due to the reward promised by the angel, could feel the sorrow.

“Will the government really compensate for that?”

[The morale of the populace becomes the morale of the country, and the morale of the country becomes the power and and unity of the country. If the leaders know that then they wouldn’t do nothing.]

Yu IlHan pushed one gear up inside his heart. Whether the government compensated or not, the thing he had to do didn’t change. That was destroying monsters as soon as possible!

While he was in the middle of running, there was a bang, like the sound of something exploding. Did the military use a rocket or something!? Yu IlHan thought idiotic things like that but the fact was that they didn’t. It was just that a 7m tall brown bear had smashed into a 2-storey building, the sound resulting from its collapse.

[HuuooOOooooo!]

Yu IlHan realized that he had arrived at the scene of destruction.

“Shoot, shoot more!”

A commissioned officer wearing a cool uniform was shouting, and the sounds of machine guns, rifles, and grenade launchers which were emitting fire came from all directions. However, they were too weak to penetrate the skin of the bear that was as big as a two storey building.

“Fuck! It’s not working! It’s only the 4th day after the Great Cataclysm, but what can we do if these fuckers start appearing already!?”

“Bite on a knife and charge or something!”

“Ability users, aren’t ability users here yet! What about the one who expressed cooperation with the government?”

“The bear is changing directions! ……Fuck, scatter!”

There was no other chaos that was like this. When the bear crashed into something, it would collapse, whether it was vehicles, signposts, or buildings. Like that, a whole street had become a mess and buildings were collapsing in real time. Erta clicked her tongue while looking at that scene.