Ch.18

I Make Them (5)

[It looks like a truly huge-scale dungeon will be born.]

[I don’t want to admit it, but this human has a talent as a Trap maker.]

It was truly a grand scene. Inside a range that was obviously larger than a single district, countless monsters were running towards the hill. Amongst them, there were some which were just confronting human military until just now.

Yu IlHan asked dumbfoundedly after looking at that scene.

“Just……What’s the principle?”

[The power that the Trap of Destruction is emitting is a magic that deceives all five senses of the monsters. The monsters arrive here looking for what they want, whatever it may be, and as a result, get trapped inside the dungeon.]

Erta spoke confidently, but it was a truly frightening magic. If one thought that it may be used against humans, then it wasn’t something to laugh about at all.

Is it possible for it to be used against humans – Yu IlHan was about to ask, but refrained from doing so in the end.

It was because he felt like he would be frightened if he heard the answer.

[It seems like it’s starting in other places as well.]

Next to Yu IlHan, who was dumbfounded after seeing the frightening ability of the Trap of Destruction and the stampede of monsters, another angel mumttered. Other places? When Yu IlHan creased his eyeborws, Erta made a small smile as she spoke.

[In your trap, there was also a magic that ccould change the aura of other Traps of Destruction scattered on Earth. We can’t just throw away the traps made in heaven just like that. Anyway, it seems like those have also started to lure monsters.]

“So that was it, I did know that the amount of harkanium was too little to be placed on Earth, but it was for that reason.”

[It’s a precious metal. Recycling is the first step to being environmentally friendly.].

The other angels were looking at Yu IlHan’s and Erta’s conversation with strange eyes. When were you so close? – at the question their eyes seemed to be asking, the two became awkward and turned their heads.

The monsters, which had acquired power for revenge after enduring one thousand years in a world where time was frozen, were truly futilely crawling into destruction with their own feet.

Until the day the dungeon is opened by a human, they would be trapped inside that prison.

Despite the fact that this was a result that Yu IlHan wanted, their figures of rushing into the Trap of Destruction seemed as if he was looking at the humans not being able to escape destiny no matter how they struggled, so it didn’t feel that good.

‘No.’

Yu IlHan stopped his thoughts there, shaking his head. Just what could he do by sympathizing with the monsters. If he didn’t do that, then humans would just become their sacrifices.

It had only been a few days since the Great Cataclysm happened, during that time, didn’t Yu IlHan experience enough and realize it already? Monsters were always hostile to humans, and they wanted to evolve into something even more horrific.

So, it wasn’t that Yu IlHan sympathized with the monsters.

He shuddered as he confirmed that those ‘Heavenly existences’ have enough ability to do that to him even if they weren’t hostile. Even those frightening monsters had, in the end, become playthings for God and the angels.