Ch. 28

Call me Ishmael (4)

Yu IlHan returned to his workshop. It was after he confirmed that the TV changed the announcement of the dungeon in the middle of the city. As he had expected, the Empress really had some amazing connections.

However, he didn’t need to know any of that now. The only important thing was: his skill!

[Sleeping 2nd class monster’s hearts 0/500]

[Troll’s blood 0/500 litres]

[Good sleep 12/100 hours]

[3rd class monster’s magic stone 1/1]

Yu IlHan couldn’t hide his smile while looking at the renewed resting skill evolution criteria.

“I knew people who do good things will get good things.”

[I don’t hate your positive mind that much.]

Was it Yu IlHan’s imagination that he heard it as an indirect insult? After he shut Erta up by shaking his head, he looked at the remaning homework.

“So the biggest problem is the trolls. I haven’t heard that there have been monsters from other worlds appearing on Earth yet……”

[If it was someone else, then he could have just received a suitable quest in another world to do it with.]

“Hmph, do you think I’m doing this since I don’t want to go to another world?”

Erta, who made Yu IlHan mad with a joke, consoled him by calling wind to cool his face.

[The concentration of mana on Earth is getting higher rapidly so you don’t need to worry. You will be able to meet trolls much faster than you think.]

“But you know? When you read fantasy novels, aren’t troll’s blood really popular and such? Aren’t they like more expensive than their weight in gold as a representative material in potion making? Isn’t the requirement for the resting skill to evolve because troll’s blood has a characteristic to heal wounds?”

[Yes, of course.]

Erta replied positively in a delighted voice.

[If you have extreme poison resistance!]

“Fuck that.”

Why does that resistance go up by a level each time! weak poison resistance, poison resistance, extreme poison resistance – he couldn’t imagine what resistance will appear next.

[Don’t trust fantasy novels so much. Just what kind of insane human would drink monster’s blood raw? It isn’t that there aren’t any potions in another world, but the ingredients to make potions have nothing to do with trolls.]

“Yeah, whatever.”

However, that didn’t change the fact that troll’s blood was needed to evolve the resting skill. A skill that requires a monster’s blood that a human cannot drink.

Just where did this skill come from, and where is it going? Yu IlHan fell into half-worry, and half-expectation.

[Sleeping 2nd class monster’s hearts are quite difficult too, are you alright with that? You need to kill it in one go and not two or three goes.]

“I think I will be able to manage that if I enhance my weapons somehow……”

When Yu IlHan’s gaze turned towards the Harkanium on one corner of the workshop, Erta pulled on his hair.

[I said no.]

“Please gimme a little.”

[No.]

Although Yu IlHan got mad again, Erta couldn’t take a step back in regards to that.