Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Saravi.

The icy water running through all my limbs made me feel alive. For a moment, it dampens the feeling of worry in my chest and relaxes my contracted muscles. Even though I wasn't alone in taking the bath I tried to believe I was.

I pushed away the thoughts of my nightmares for a moment and let myself soak into my longings.

The sound of water was like music to my ears. This afternoon moment is the one that I enjoy the most in the midst of all this chaos. From the moment I arrived I could perceive that we were within walking distance of a riverbed, and indeed a beautiful stream was a few meters from the village where I have arrived four days ago.

Of course I couldn't come alone. I always had two trusted men from Mishaal to accompany me for at least an hour in my bathroom. I needed this moment to calm the tension, which caused me to be with these people who were causing so much damage to Angkor.

And worst of all, I had to pretend they were to my liking.

I know that it was not easy to connect the points that I had left to find this place, and I had to make the group stay here as long as possible, because if this did not work all of my efforts would go into vain.

A hand touched my shoulder gently and make me trun back insistently. I opened my eyes and spotted combat boots, tucked into the water. The man covered my vision to the sky while saying, "we must go now."

I get up slowly as the water drains through the long robe I was wearing. I walked to the next stones to cover myself with other layers and to shelter myself a little before the torrent of cold air that trembled my skin.

After putting my shoes on I started walking with the men in front of me. I was preparing myself mentally to enter reality. In a few minutes we start to pass the tents that seem to be devoid of people, which seems strange to me at this time of day. It seems as if everyone has left the place.

I stop abruptly when I observed or a lot of men gathered around the tent Mishaal inhabited, laughing and celebrating with joy as if there was a celebration.

I can't say that everyone was here but there were many, even people I haven't seen before. My heart was pounding, because although I do not know what is happening I can deduce that their joy would be a tragedy for Angkor, the palace and even Kalil.

Please God!

I slided unnoticed until I reached the tent, a hand cuts me off and when I looked up I met Mishaal's eyes at the entrance.

"Why did you take so long?" He asked looking for the men who were with me.

"I don't know, I got lost in the moment, let me in,...it's very cold and I must take off these wet layers."

His eyes cast a mysterious glow. He looks up again without letting go of me and goes to Ismail to whisper a few words. The only words that I could collect were, "Prepare everything."

He entered the tent with me, closing it completely.

"I have a surprise for you," he says smiling sincerely.

"I'm...anxious," I managed to answer hesitantly. The cold and the nerves have me on the verge of the constant shivering.

Mishaal takes a few slow, languid steps until he reached me, and brushed his fingers across my cheek.

"You have purple lips, you shouldn't have been in the water that long."

My eyes closed instantly but it was not a beautiful sensation that I feel, I do not feel comfortable at the touch of Mishaal, nor at the breath that collides with my face at his proximity. But it is necessary for me to control the innate rejection that my body expresses every time this man makes contact with me.