Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Saravi.

"What happen?" Kalil asks worriedly as the man ahead of him answered some imperceptible words in his ear.

From what I could see, it's Basim, and from the seconds I saw his face, it wasn't good news.

Just when I wanted to open up more to the King, just when I was thinking about the possibility of trusting him more and giving free rein to my tongue, why he had to interrupt us.

The door slammed shut, scattering my thoughts, I grabbed the sheet close to me as Kalil stormed forward to the spot.

"What happened?" I ask as I watch him begin to dress hastily.

"I must meet urgently with the generals...it seems that Borja has been attacked by the Ayatolá group...I'm sorry Saravi! I'll explain after all! It's okay?"

My eyes widen at the news. Borja attacked? It's a trap! Borja is not on the side of the crown and Kalil thinks that I totally ignore the issue. I felt embarrassed.

So treacherous.

"Wait! Please!" I say quickly, taking him by the arm. The sheet slides a little and Kalil watches me immediately tensing his body. Quickly he slides his arm through mine approaching like a hunter for his prey.

"Tell me," he said sticking his face at me.

"There is something you should know before you go to the meeting," I said awkwardly, as my heart rides wildly. I fear of what I was going to say and his closeness was only making me more nervous.

"We'll talk after that, okay? The situation is urgent, Basim could not tell me everything."

His words despair me to such an extent that if I couldn't decide right now, I will regret it all my life.

"Then I will go with you, I will be at the meeting. Please!"

His frown instantly deepened however he only nodded pulling away from me to put his shirt on.

"It is not very pleasant for me that you are next to generals...but you are the Queen, you can enter whenever you want."

"I'll be with you...by your side," I replied to calm his concern. But I guess my words did a little more when I saw satisfaction on his face.

Why? I thought.

I didn't ask for help and in a hurry grab a simple dress and put my feet on leaving my hair totally loose. When I was tightening the tie around my waist a sharp look makes me turn immediately.

"I'm ready, we must go..." the King pronounces with a little concern but watches me carefully.

"I'm ready too, come on." I tried to smile.

Kalil opens the door, letting me pass right away, but when I was going to give way to my steps, his hand takes me firmly, intertwining his fingers with mine making my eyes widen at the impression. It only added on my nerves.

Our footsteps were heard through the corridors, hurried steps full of sensations, good and bad, but on my part from both, since at this very moment I must know what to do. And, I must know how to react. Because I don't know how to say that I know the leader of Ayatolá. I don't know how to put my face up and participate in the meeting to say that Borja is not a victim and that everything they are doing is just a trap.

I feel a touch of sadness for Mishaal, because despite everything I know he is indeed a good man, but circumstances changed him.

As of now, my stance was a little different. I didn't know what to feel, I didn't know what my truth is because everything came together at once. Love, disappointment, impression, and...my current feelings for the King, which I cannot define precisely.