Prologue

Prologue

Only my footsteps and the screech of dry leaves were breaking the horrible silence surrounding me.

The silence which for some time had permeated the environment. I didn't know how long it has been since the moment I decided to run out of my house. The fact is that I was running as much as I could, with a clouded mind and a broken heart.

I still remembered my mother's harsh words. I still had her voice saying: "This is your destiny. You will marry the King of Angkor,"

Running in wild I got several scratches on my arms, and my hair went messy but I don't even know how to order it to get it out of my face. However, it is not what worries me now. Right now I have latent panic inside my body, because as much as I follow an uncertain path, I can't see anything but trees and more darkness.

Take it easy, I'll go home, I just have to go back the same way, I encouraged myself, leaning on the hardness of the huge oak trees that surround the forest.

I try to keep the pace with my breathing, releasing and taking air several times, repressing my eyes, perhaps, so as not to realize the mistake I made in letting myself be carried away by my impulses, again.

I just wanted to escape from my horrible reality, one, which for many from another perspective could be a dream come true. But for me? No way,

Loud whistles make me open my eyes quickly and hit my back abruptly to the tree, taking it so hard, as if it were going to protect me.

Five unpleasant-looking men that I counted quickly were in front of me, looking at me in such a disgusting way that I got chills.

"Wow! Wow! What have we done to deserve this award?" Finally says one of them.

"Perhaps something very good, mate, as far as my eyes can see my Lady is from a privileged crib."

My lips start to tremble. But I am not scared, so I take all the courage I can and lift my face towards them.

"Therefore, gentlemen, you must bear in mind that if something to happen to me, you will pay for it with your life," I say with total firmness.

And I don't know how I could comprehend certain words, not with the fear that I feel at the moment. The group's mocking laughter shook my breathing, and despite my nervousness, some discomfort begins to brew within me.

"What bravery! A very particular lady,"says another of them, trying to take short steps that did not go unnoticed.

Then it's time to order my feet to move, it's time to get out of here.

"Gentlemen! I manage to pronounce getting everyone's attention. The truth is, I wanted to breathe some fresh air. So, I came on my horse along with my guards ... Only ... I told them I wanted a space alone ... Then I think I'll be back Have a good night,"

My feet move numbly but I was no more than two meters away when one of them abruptly caught my arm and jerks me around.

"And do you think we are so foolish my Lady? You are not going anywhere,"

"Hold her! Another man says, apparently the one who dominates the group. We will go to another place. Here, we can be visible to any man."

"No! Please!" I say pleadingly, as the men begin to untangle a rope.

I was lost!

"What is your name?" The alleged leader asks, while two others begin to tie my fists behind my back.