Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Saravi.

"A pleasure...your Highness," Borja says, bowing before reaching me, he takes my hand and kisses it subtly.

"General Borja is my right hand, soon you will also meet Basim, they are the most loyal people here. You can trust them blindly."

I silently nod before Kalil's words without taking my eyes off the man, whom I would say...treacherous. What I don't know is, to which party he conspires.

"Did you need something Borja?" Kalil asks again.

"My Lord, Basim and the other generals are waiting for you for the meeting we have scheduled."

"Very well, I'll be there in a few minutes, you can retire."

Borja bows and leaves the library leaving an awkward silence between us. For my part I do not want to engage in any conversation with the King, in fact right now I would like to find a way to write a letter to Mishaal to inform him of what happened today, I am quite anxious for what he has to say about this.

When I lift my head I have realized that I have advanced several steps in the library, brushing with my fingers the books that lie there, I saw Kalil. He is standing reading the letter previously handed over to him cautiously. His face was somewhat uncomfortable and his cheeks were blushing, his stressed posture draws my attention, and for something very strange I was interested in the content of the message.

From one moment to the next he noticed my gaze on him and clears his throat, he goes to a desk, opens a book and inserts the sheet inside, then opens a drawer placing the book in it. For my part I try to play dumb and show that I am focused on a copy that I took.

"I will take my leave, I must go meet the generals."

"I'd like to stay here," I replied with calm. "I don't know if you could tell someone to inform me of the topics in which I will participate directly..."

"I'll send someone over there to set up an agenda for you," he says, waiting for my answer.

I couldn't look at him, my gaze continues to stay on the book.

"Okay...thank you very much."

The silence announced that he is gone, and I release the repressed air, opening and closing my palms to deaden the nerves that I passed a few minutes ago. My mind is torn between two options: writing a letter to Mishaal telling him about Borja, or reading what made the King so uncomfortable.

In the end I decide on the latter.

I take a few steps and peer into the hallway to make sure that no one is there. So I go to the desk, sit on the couch, and open the drawer. I take out the book carefully and start turning the pages looking for the sheet. And there it was.

A perfect calligraphy, and a particular smell of women's perfume catches my attention, my eyes open shocked when reading the last part where a signature stands out:

Alina Menen

Where did I hear that name?

Of course, Mishaal mentioned her name, she was supposedly the one who could take my place. My mother also told me that she was the daughter of Duchess.

Without noticing my thoughts, I began to read the following lines:

"I've been fine...As far as it goes. My parents have been very supportive of me in this time of transition, and I thank you for deigning to write to me to ask. However every day I suffer, every day my heart dies knowing that you are with another person, knowing that your kisses and your body are touched by it. Sometimes I think I despair, sometimes I want to forget that you are the King and do something crazy. I would like to hope that at some point you will choose me, despite your devotion to save your people, but that will not happen, right?