Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Saravi.

"Did you call me?" I asked in a low voice very close to Kalil.

He shortens the distance between us to take my face with in his hand, confused as much as I of what is happening.

"I think Alinna wants to tell us something before she leaves, she insisted that it wouldn't take much time, and that we should all be there," he filled me on details slowly. "I promise that we will leave here at any time and we will talk, you and me, okay?" He added the part in a whisper.

His was apologizing to me with his expression. I know it is not his intention to put me in an awkward situation, but what Alinna's intention were really overwhelms me right now. I was afraid of what I have heard about my mother's being caugh redhanded, I do not want this fact to be discussed in front of everyone, I knew it shouldn't happen this way.

Kalil took my hand, as he goes to the end of the table to hold a chair for me and then sit down. From one moment to the next the rest do the same except for Alinna.

"I need to start as soon as possible, Alinna, there are many things that merit my presence, and I must also attend to an issue with the queen," Kalil says to her, while the rest have made total silence and had their eyes on the expectant woman.

"Yes, I'm sorry," she begins to say as she stands very close to us and pause to watch everyone at the table. "All of the people here present knows that...I love this family in a unique way. My family and I are very grateful to the monarchy for the special treatment that we have been given since I am aware. Hanna and Kader are like brothers to me and the King...well..."

"Alinna," Hanna interrupts stripping her chance to advance any further.

My nerves were killing me right now, it seems that it was a declaration of her love for my husband. I could see that she will say something that will undoubtedly affect our stability as a couple.

"I know you asked me, I understand that you had to be on her side, but it is impossible for me to silence for such a high misfortune and treason on her part," said the woman with her voice disapponting and her finger pointed at me.

Hanna gets up at the same time as the King, Kalil looks angry. But it was evident that his anger wasn't directed to me but to Alinna.

"Stop! I can't believe you keep up with that! I asked you not to comment further on the subject and not only with that you dare to speak like this of the queen in front of everyone!"

"But Kalil!..."

"Get out of the here, Alinna, right now!" Hanna exclaims, while the rest whispered with each other, not understanding anything that was happening.

Did Kalil and Hanna already know about their father? Why am I not understanding any of this?

Dad looks at me confused, while my mother nervously watches everyone's reaction in silence. If she was not involved in the matter, I am sure she was going to spit the venom at the moment.

"What is this all about?" I ask the king a little lowered but he only shook his head in the disappointment before adding,

"All of you leave please, Hanna you stay..."

Little by little and somewhat confused all of the people left the room. Zura tried to get closer, but Kalil gestured that he is not available. In the living room, only Basim remains, who does not leave the king at any moment, Hanna who was sitting with her hands on her worried face and Fais who, on leaving, was interrupted by Alinna.