Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Saravi.

The sound of the carriage and the wheels crashing in the ground was the only thing that alerted my senses at the moment. Only said sounds tried to distract me from yesterday's memories.

A long night without a doubt with the tightness I began to feel in my chest once Kalil left the room. Making me fell into the void of thoughts as I tried to accommodate the messiness of my ideas with my convictions and of course the expected talk I would have with Mishaal.

That was one of the things that got on my nerves.

A part of me, wants to see it with longing, another very on the contrary, the only thing it wants is to obtain a good explanation, of why the Ayatolá movement became a remedy worse than the disease. That part of me is the one that is most accelerated by promoting the meeting immediately.

But on the other hand, I am also martyred by the fact that Kalil is right now in front of the love of his life, and I could imagine him telling her how difficult his life is with me, how difficult it is to deal with me...or without holding back he will be kissing her with his rapture.

God...

"We are arriving, my Queen." The viscount's calm voice makes me blink several times, looking outside, seeing that we are undoubtedly arriving.

"Viscount ..." I try to pronounce confidently. "I know you have a great deal to do with Count Marras, and I am eager to speak to his wife. However, I urgently need to go first where...Nadia's partner is. Do you think that Borja will accompany me while you settle in the Marras house? I will be quick."

"If your highness wishes, I have no problem. I find it very propitious for Borja to accompany you."

"Perfect, we'll drop you off first and then the carriage will go elsewhere."

He just nods slowly without looking at me at all. Just when we arrive at the Marras house, Borja opens the carriage, perhaps to wait for my plan, until the viscount before taking the step down watches me closely.

"Can you tell me the address of your visitor, my Queen?"

No!

I gulped hard and desperately tried to remember some address, but it is impossible for me, I do not know anywhere in this part of Angkor.

"Her friend lives near the villa, a little before reaching the markets, country villages to be more exact," Borja says, breaking in, leaving me open-mouthed, while Fais looks at him with a frown.

"Nadia explained it to him, I'm a bit bad at directions," I say foolishly.

"I understand," Fais replies, and finally says goodbye, leaving a bitter feeling in his stomach.

"What am I doing?" I think, leaning back on the seat cushion, while Borja orders to follow the course of the next destination.

Several sighs were released through my mouth, as I close my eyes and tried to keep up with the rhythm of my heartbeat.

God help me!

"It won't take long, the lord is waiting for you in a place that I arranged."

His words and his stone face give me goose bumps, and I try to be tough on me too." I nod in response without even saying a word.

At some point we strayed to a more forested area a bit away from the city, but it is not similar to the expanse of forest in the north of Angkor, it seems a little more neglected and less pleasant. The carriage stops abruptly, but I see nothing but trees and bushes.