Part 27: Ashton

Playlist: Jealous by Nick Jonas, Just Saying by 5 Seconds of Summer, Over and Over by 5 Seconds of Summer, Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, I Need You Now by Olly Murs, Six Degrees of Separation by The Script, Falling by Tyler Ward, Addicted by Saving Abel, Wonderland by Taylor Swift, Your Love is a Lie by Simple Plan, The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez.

The safest bet had seemed to just leave, walk away. Ashton wasn’t sure if it had been the right choice but it was the one he made. He didn’t look back to see if any of the boys followed him but he knew they hadn’t.

They would avoid a scene. It was the right thing to do. Which is what he should have done but he just couldn’t. Just that guy’s arm around her and her laughing at what he said had just made him so angry.

He could feel the anger returning to him, making his fists tighten as he continued to walk. He hated the image of her with somebody else. He had thoughts of it in the two months since he had seen her last but he never thought he would ever have to witness it. And then the universe happened…

“Taxi!” He called out, raising his arm above his head and waving his hand around to catch the yellow cab’s attention. It took him a few tries before he finally got one, uttering the hotel name to the driver before he lay back watching the city lights blur as they drove through the busy streets of New York.

What was he supposed to do now? Go back to his room and hide within those four walls that he hated so much?

After paying for the taxi, his feet made the decision for him. He made his way towards the bar dodging any other interaction he might have other than the bartender.

“A beer.” He said simply as he sat down on the stool, his hand shakily running through his hair as the cold beer was placed in front of him. “Thanks…” He murmured before quickly taking a swig from it, welcoming the buzz he knew would come soon enough.

“Bad day?” The girl behind the bar asked.

“You have no idea…” He said with a soft chuckle before another long drink.

“Let me guess, girl problems? Although I highly doubt that considering who you are.” She pointed out, her body leaning forward against the bar as she rested her arms on top of it. Ashton’s eyes finally rose completely and he looked at the girl who stood there.

She didn’t seem much older than him but surely legal (unlike him). She had olive toned skin that looked good against her all black uniform, dark eyes and hair to match. She wore a small smile on her lips as she continued to watch him.

And she knew who he was… That was just great. There went the universe again…

“You hit the nail with that one…” He said before washing down the panic with the last of the beer. She turned for a few seconds before handing him another one.

“Ouch, even rock stars have tough days. Who would have known?” She said with a chuckle, making him shrug and chuckle as well.

“Tell me about it.”

“So I know you didn’t come here to talk but if you want to my shift ends in about 15 minutes… Talk you know.” She said with a wink before walking away from him, making sure he watched her as she did.

And she had meant it because fifteen minutes and two more beers later she was sat next to him with a smile on her place.

“You weren’t kidding.” Ashton murmured, mostly to himself.

“Well you didn’t leave so I assumed you took me up on the offer.” She responded with ease, her bare shoulders shrugging. She had a pony-tale now.