Part 39: Ashton/Mia

(So this chapter will be one of those crazy two point of view chapters. After this one more chapter and ASM is over guys!!!)

(Mia)

"Open up, Mia!" Heather called as she pounded on the door. I simply rolled over and hugged the pillow closer to my chest. I hadn't slept at all the night before, and the fact the clock was flashing 6 am made me more upset about the fact that Heather thought it was okay just to come over.

"Can you tell your crazy friend this isn't a time to be banging on people's doors?" Lilly murmured grumpily as she headed towards the door to open it. "Are you trying to get us kicked out?"

I groaned softly at the fact that they had opened the door. I pulled my sheets over myself and covered my face as not to see when Heather came inside.

"Sorry about the time but this is a national emergency!" I heard Heather say.

"What? Did Donald Trump ask you to be his first lady when he wins?" Lilly grumbled.

"Actually, he asked me to ask you for him, but I said there was no need. Of course, you would love to be, right? Thought so! That's why I said yes for you," Heather said, in that sarcastic tone I liked so much.

In reply, Lilly murmured a 'whatever' and headed to the kitchen and began to brew some coffee. Now that she was up she would probably head into the library before her chem lab. Heather, on the other hand, proceeded to pull the covers off of me.

"Is this necessary?" I said with a sigh as I sat down on my bed, the pillow still pressed to my chest. It still smelled like Ashton from the night he had spent here. Just thinking about him and the turmoil of emotions that he had caused in the last 48 hours just made my heart ache for him.

Why had I asked him to leave when he was the only person who's arms I wanted around me? The only comfort I needed was from him. No offense to my best friend, who right now stood there in silence looking at me as if this was the first time she saw me.

"Let me ask you this instead, was it necessary to kick him out yesterday? What the fuck, Mia! Who tells a guy they love him and then tells him to get out and never to come back?" Heather said as she stood in front of me, hands on her hips.

"So everyone knows exactly what happened yesterday. Great!" I said with a roll of my eyes. Heather's eyes had rolled before she continued to speak.

"Of course, we all know what happened. That boy looked like death when he walked into the hotel room. He's a wreck, Mia," she said.

"You wouldn't understand, H... It's complicated," I said, swallowing down the sob that was threatening to come out. I hated to know that I had hurt him.

"You're right; I don't understand. I probably never will, but I do know that if that had been Michael and me I wouldn't have kicked him out," she said softly as she sat down next to me.

"You and Michael aren't anything, Heather," I began to say, and as soon as the words left my mouth I knew I was about to say something that would hurt my best friend. She had pulled all the stops to visit me for one weekend, and all I had done was make her life miserable. I could not make myself stop speaking.

"You probably won't ever get to be anything because he's leaving and you need to go back to university!" I continued to say as anger continued to flare out at the fact that she was trying to compare a platonic relationship to whatever Ashton and I shared.

"That's not fair," she murmured, her words trailing off. I could see the hurt in her eyes as she looked away from me. I hated the sense of satisfaction I got from seeing that emotion within her eyes. She didn't look at me again as she added, "He does love you, Mia."