Part 22: Mia

Playlist: Welcome to New York by Taylor Swift, Hey There Delilah by Plain White T’s, Social Casualty by 5 Seconds of Summer, Happily by One Direction, I like it by We The Kings, New Romantics by Taylor Swift, One Thing is for Sure by The Spill Canvas,New Beginnings by Finch, Spaces by One Direction

6:00 a.m.

The first alarm began to ring. I pulled the sheets over my head, trying to ignore the sound.

6:15 a.m.

The second alarm began to ring. I sighed and picked up my phone, scrolling through any messages I might have gotten the night before.

Two from mom.

One from dad.

Four from Heather.

Seven from social media.

Two emails.

6:30 a.m.

I rolled out of bed and fixed my hair into a messy bun. Grabbed my basket filled with all of my personal hygiene items and my towel before I headed over to the co-ed bathroom.

There were two other girls brushing their teeth by the sinks, somebody else taking a shower. Most importantly, there were no waiting lines.

7:00 a.m.

Already fully dressed in jeans and a light sweater, I walked over to the coffee pot in my socks and put some fresh coffee to brew before I walked back to my mirror in order to finish my hair and makeup.

7:30 a.m.

I poured my coffee into my to-go mug; added some French vanilla cream and two sugars before I stirred and put the lid over it.

7:45 a.m.

I pulled on my coat, grabbed my scarf, my coffee and my hand bag before walking out into the busy halls of the dorms.

For two months now this had been my life; this had turned into my every morning routine. If I had learned anything from New York, it was that if you did not have a schedule down to the minute, you would never arrive anywhere on time.

The whole city moved by schedule.

“Good morning!” Will said as soon as I came down the stairs of the dorm building. Every morning at 7:50 a.m. He would be waiting for me. Not a minute earlier and not a minute later. He was always there; a constant within all the chaos.

“Morning Will.” I mumbled with a smile after I had swallowed a big gulp of the warm coffee. One thing Will didn’t understand was that I rather all of my morning conversations to start after coffee. He didn’t do coffee so anytime was a good conversation time for Will.

“Finished last night’s reading assignments?” he asked as he adjusted his backpack on his shoulder. I knew that if I looked at his face I would find that million dollar smile of his staring back at me.

“I told you yesterday at the library that I had finished them already.” I reminded him with a polite smile before I took another long drink of coffee.

“How do you do that? Do all your readings ahead of time and keep up with all your clases and your part time job and you told me yesterday you were looking into internships?” He said with his impressed voice, making me blush.

“I told you, I’m good with schedules.”

“You might have to help me with that but in the mean time, I finished the readings late last night and there is something I want you to explain to me because I don’t understand why Sherlock did that at the end of A Scandal in Bohemia” He exclaimed as he opened the door for me. And that was Will, always talking about books, being polite and flashing his million dollar award winning smile at everyone.

I had met him during orientation week. He had lived his whole life in New York City, and by spending just one day with him I learned that he was an over enthusiastic, too friendly smart guy.

So when we ended up taking English Literature together, I was actually glad. At least I would have a familiar face there every morning at 8:00 a.m.

“Think she will quiz us on the readings?” Will asked as he settled in his usual seat beside me at the front of the class. I slipped off my coat and sat down with it in my arms still before giving him an incredulous look.

“Will… You ask that every Tuesday and Thursday knowing that she always does.” I told him, my eyebrow arched.

“I’m hopeful, little Mia. I keep hoping one of these days she won’t.” He said with a wink before he shook his head in disappointment. The simple actions making me laugh.

“Well this is your realistic conscience speaking and I am saying how she will quiz us so be ready for a ‘Sherlockian’ question.” I told him as I pulled out my things from my bag.

“You’re no fun.” He said with a pout.

“Okay class, pull out a leaf of paper and answer me this…” Professor Schmidt came in asking.

As soon as I was done writing down the question, I looked over at Will with a silent ‘I-told-you-so’ look. He only shook his head at me before we both looked away to answer our question.

Two hours later, we were walking out of class, still discussing the readings we were supposed to do for next Tuesday.

“Want to meet up at the library later and get a head start on all of this? I mean we have no class tomorrow so might as well make a good use of our time.” He said as he walked down the hall with me.

“I would love to but I can’t.” I said, pushing my hair behind my ear before I dug into my purse for my phone.

“Already got big plans for this weekend?” He asked.

“Well sort of, this afternoon I have an interview for that internship I was telling you about and my best friend is supposed to be landing tomorrow morning at JFK.” I told him, my stomach filling with butterflies with both excitement and nerves.

“Oh wow, definitely a big weekend.” He said, probably knowing how excited I was about hanging out with Heather. I only talked about her every other day.

“You should definitely come to dinner with us tomorrow night.” I offered before my brain could actually catch up with what my brain was saying.

“Nah, I would never intrude like that.” He said.

“Come on, Will. It will be fun. You could use a break too.” I said with a huge smile before I wrapped the scarf around my neck and pushed the doors open. “I will text you the details!” I called out with a wave before I rushed off into the busy streets of New York.

(Writer's Note: Hey guys! So this is a little short update but there will be a few short updates soon-ish. Obviously you can see that this chapter has a two month skip since the night of the concert in Seattle so we're practically all caught up. And before I am asked, there will still be flashbacks every so often! There is a lot that happened in LA I kinda still want to tell in the story. So hope you enjoy it and remember to share, vote and comment!!!)