Part 28: Mia

Playlist: All Too Well by Taylor Swift, Unpredictable by 5 Seconds of Summer, Connect the Dots by The Spill Canvas, The Night Will Go As Follows by The Spill Canvas, I Need You Now by Olly Murs, One More Night by Maroon 5, Pretend It’s Okay by Little Mix, Kiss Me Again by Hello Hero, Everything I didn’t Say by 5 Seconds of Summer, Everything You Are by Ed Sheeran, Nothing to Lose by Emblem 3, Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift, Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra, The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez, Addicted by Saving Abel.

“Ashton are you sure it’s not illegal to be up here?” I asked as he pulled me along up the hill. He had convinced me to come up to the Hollywood sign with him. But he hadn’t meant just to come up and see it. He actually wanted to be up there with the sign.

“Just trust me; I’m sure it is fine. People do it in movies all the time.” He said, flashing a smile over his shoulder towards me.  I rolled my eyes at him as he continued to guide me.

After a few minutes of trying we ended up at the closest we could get to the sign without putting ourselves in danger. Even if we weren’t standing up there behind the massive letters, the view was breathtaking. And he had been right about one thing; it felt just like how you would see in the movies. Right down to the two of us sitting on the hot ground to admire it in the California heat.

“I can check this out of my bucket list.” He said enthusiastically as his arm wrapped around my shoulders, bringing me closer to his side.

“Definitely.” I agreed with a smile, my head resting on his shoulder. The city seemed so small from up here. The city seems so far away, everything so quiet. Even the beaches we had so frequently visited in the last few days seemed like a distant past up here.

“Still wish I could have gone up there.” He said, sounding bummed that his original plan to climb up there simply hadn’t worked. I looked up at him and smiled his way for a few seconds before he noticed me glancing at him.

“Stop staring you weirdo.” He said with a chuckle, his fingers trying to cover my face. His actions only making me laugh.

“I’m not staring! I’m just admiring… Thinking.” I said with a shrug after pushing his hand away.

“Thinking about what?” He asked.

“How after everything you’ve lived through, you still have this huge sense of adventure inside of you.” I said simply, my fingers slowly finding their way between his.

“And your mind never stops amazing me.” He said with a grin, making me blush as I looked away back towards the view. “I really like you, Mia.” He added after I wouldn’t say anything. His words brought my eyes back towards his face despite my flaming cheeks.

“You do?” I asked quietly.

“I do…” He whispered before closing the distance between us and sealing his murmured words with a soft kiss to my lips…

Knock… Knock… Knock…

The harsh sound of knocking jerking me awake within my dorm room. Confusion washing over me as I stared around the dark room. The dream had felt so real… I had been there for a few moments back in that warm summer day.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

“What the fuck…” I murmured as I reached to turn on the bedside table light. The room came to life with the glow coming from my side of the room. I frowned when I realized Lilly wasn’t in her bed. “I swear to God Lilly… If you left your key again I am going to tape it to your hand.” I grumbled as I shuffled as another set of knocks came from the door.