Part 12: Ashton

Playlist: Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5, U.N.I. by Ed Sheeran, Goodbye by Secondhand Serenade, The Reason by Hoobastank, I’m a Mess by Ed Sheeran, Come Back be Here by Taylor Swift, One More Night by Maroon 5, DNA by Little Mix

(FLASHBACK)

She loved to listen to Ed Sheeran and when he said love, he meant love. She knew every word of every song and knew which one was playing before the lyrics even began.

She had agreed to stay in with him as he did some work, in return he had promised not to laugh at her forms of entertainment. He couldn’t help it sometimes though. He found it hilarious as she attempted to sing every word of the faster raps.

He couldn’t help but think about how cute she looked as she began to sing the words to Don’t, her head and hands doing this little dance she did when she was excited and really liked a song. This was only the third time she listened to the song in the last hour from the other side of the couch where she sat.

Ashton watched her from the top of his laptop as he replied to e-mails and spent some time on twitter. Her chocolate eyes met his as she sang , holding his gaze and making him grin as she began to sing the words to him.

“On my hotel door, I don’t even know if she knows what for. She was crying on my shoulder…” She sang, even getting the knocks on beat as I closed up my laptop and set it aside.

“You like this song way too much.” He teased her, reaching over for her hands and pulling her onto his lap.

“Stop, this is my favorite part.” She whined, crinkling her nose as he laughed. “Plus you promised not to make fun of me.” She reminded him.

“You’ve listened to it three times; don’t think you’re missing out.” He teased her, ignoring her pleading reminder as he wrapped his arms around her waist; his chin resting on her shoulder.

“You’re just jealous because you don’t know the words.” She said with a chuckle, her small fingers finding their way into his hair. The small pressure she applied as she ran her fingers through the soft strands made his eyes close slowly.

“How about we go out? I’m finally done with boring work stuff and banding.” He asked, kissing her soft skin slowly and letting his lips linger for a moment.

“Banding?” She murmured the question, her tone amused as she questioned their made up word.

“We’ve talked about this… You promised not to question our band language.” Ashton said with a chuckle, pulling her closer.

“Like you promised not to make fun of my singing?” She countered, her eyebrow raised before she continued to speak. “Plus, it’s not really a language if you made it up with the boys.” She pointed out, making him roll his eyes.

“Wasn’t every language made up at some point?” He questioned with a smirk, making her scoff at him.

“Whatever, Ash.” She murmured her usual argument ender with an eye roll; it made him smile whenever she murmured his name when she was annoyed. He really loved it when she said his name but he pushed those thoughts away as he pressed a kiss to her jaw.

“So about going out…” He said, bringing a smile to her soft pink lips. “How about we walk to the beach and get something to eat there.”

“Sounds perfect.” She said, her eyes lighting up as she looked at him.

“Told you guys he would be cooped up in his room with his new girlfriend.” Calum said with a chuckle as he simply waltzed into Ashton’s hotel room with the other guys.